CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Housing Specialist - New York in Albany - REMOTE, New York
Housing Specialist - New York
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Housing Specialist - New York
City: Albany - REMOTE, New York, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0069
Employment Type: Full Time
This position is 100% remote.
CGI Federal’s Housing Compliance team that partners with public housing authorities (PHAs) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist in the provision of affordable housing has an opening for a Housing Specialist. This is an opportunity to join an energetic team with a collaborative management group and work with affordable housing providers. New team members receive in-depth training to prepare them for their role. Additional training and professional development opportunities are also available, for both the affordable housing industry, and general business skills.
The Housing Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of specified core tasks for a case management under HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP). Directly performs specified core tasks as part of a case management team. The Housing Specialists works closely with PHAs, participants and property owners to ensure compliance pursuant to HUD policy and the PHA’s HCVP Administrative Plan.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: completing assessments, evaluations, income calculations, file reviews, and development of operating procedures for Affordable Housing programs, either independently or as a team member, while at the same time maintaining a high quality of customer service with clients. Specific duties include but not limited to:
• Manage, monitor and maintain monthly portfolio that includes but not limited to collecting, processing and verifying documentation for clients and stakeholders; contacting third party sources for verifications based on outlined criteria.
• Ensure that tasks assigned are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Operates/maintains computer, printer, scanner, copier, fax and additional office machines.
• Completes accurate data entry in CGI and client system of record necessary to monitor and produce forms, reports, correspondence or other material.
• Analyze, organize, evaluate, alphabetize and file materials or data, as necessary.
• Assist other staff members, when requested.
• Implement new CGI/HUD/Client policy, procedures and requirements as provided by the Supervisor.
• Research and respond to inquiries from clients, landlords and tenants regarding case load matters and concerns.
• Educate program team members, participants, appropriate agencies, and the public concerning affordable housing regulations, policies and procedures.
• Compile information, generate and present CGI internal and client reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Supervisor and provide staff coverage as needed.
• Participate in ongoing meetings with the client and take the minutes for distribution.
• Escalate all issues that need immediate supervisory attention.
• Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
• Work closely with other team members to provide high level of customer service.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Ability to: coordinate work activities; make independent decisions; express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff, clients, landlords and tenants; deal effectively with situations requiring tact and diplomacy; prepare clear and concise reports.
Must have strong computer skills and be able to enter data in multiple electronic information systems.
3-5 years of related experience
Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
Must obtain Certified HCVP Specialist within one year of employment.
One year of customer service experience in the affordable housing industry preferred. Strong mathematical skills and excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.