Microsoft 365 Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Virginia, Alexandria
Position ID: J0823-1790
Employment Type: Full Time
As Microsoft 365 Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in managing and optimizing the organization's Microsoft 365 environment. You will be responsible for overseeing the deployment, configuration, and management of various Microsoft 365 services to ensure a seamless and efficient digital workplace experience for our employees.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Microsoft 365 Environment Management: Design, implement, and manage Microsoft 365 services and features, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business, and more. Ensure these services are aligned with business requirements and industry best practices.
• Collaboration Solutions: Lead the deployment and management of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online to facilitate effective collaboration and document sharing across departments. Customize and configure these platforms to suit specific business needs.
• Messaging Infrastructure: Manage Exchange Online for email services, including configuration, mailbox management, and email security. Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to email delivery and connectivity.
• Migration and Upgrades: Plan and execute migration projects to transition from on-premises solutions to Microsoft 365 services. Stay current with updates and new features to ensure the organization benefits from the latest capabilities.
• Data Governance and Compliance: Implement data retention, data loss prevention (DLP), and information protection policies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards. Monitor and mitigate security risks and data leaks.
• Identity and Access Management: Administer Azure Active Directory to manage user identities, authentication, and access to resources. Implement security measures such as Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Conditional Access policies to enhance data protection.
• Collaboration and Training: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their requirements and provide expert guidance on utilizing Microsoft 365 services effectively. Conduct training sessions for end-users and IT staff to enhance their proficiency with the platform.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, related field, or equivalent experience.
• Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert certification is required.
• Proven experience in designing, implementing, and managing M365 services for large enterprises.
• Strong understanding of cloud technologies, identity management, and security best practices.
• Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
• Effective communication skills to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $82,100 - $143,700.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.