Housing Choice Voucher Program SME
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
Main location: United States, ALL
Position ID: J0623-1923
Employment Type: Full Time
This position is 100% remote but you must be able to travel to Columbus, OH to meet with the client as needed (up to 25% travel).
CGI Federal’s Housing Sector team collaborates with public housing authorities (PHAs) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist in the provision of affordable housing has an opening for a Housing Choice Voucher Program Subject Matter Expert.
This is an opportunity to join an energetic team with a collaborative management group and work with affordable housing providers. New team members receive in-depth training to prepare them for their role. Additional training and professional development opportunities are also available for both the affordable housing industry and general business skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supports the HCV Program in all departmental activities, including training, and serves in his/her stead as needed.
• Provides expertise in all areas as needed by providing the HCV knowledge is for the day-to-day administrative and operational management of the Housing Programs and customer relations.
• Demonstrates commitment to constant improvement, monitors workflow to assure maximum productivity, and makes sound decisions on resource allocations.
• Helps ensure that program operations are performing at a high level throughout the year and are achieving all performance standards, quality metrics and SEMAP goals as required by HUD.
• Provides expertise, which requires a deep understanding of HUD rules and requirements relative to the Housing Choice Voucher Program eligibility, income, rent, inspections, portability and contract procedures.
• Assist in developing processes to ensure that HCVP maintains a quality customer service-oriented approach
• Provides expertise to help ensure functions tied to the administration of the HCV Program including waiting list administration, intake, occupancy, inspections, quality assurance and customer service.
• Help ensures the Director is well versed in all phases of process are in accordance with established Administrative Plan and HUD regulations
• Ensures effective utilization and troubleshooting of system-of-record software. Manages the data integrity of the system-of-record including successful and timely submissions/corrections of HUD Form 50058 and oversees all regular internal and external reporting.
• Develops and utilizes quantitative and qualitative measures for evaluating the performance of each employee and the performance of the department; highlights issues with staff as concerns arise; and develops and implements procedures for the routine collection of information for these measures.
• Oversees staff performance in accordance with departmental objectives and the Section Eight Management Assessment Program (SEMAP); assesses and discuss activities of HCV staff to ensure accuracy and compliance with HUD regulations on regular basis. Must ensure consistency in application of Administrative Plan and associated policies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public or Business Administration, Human Services, Psychology, Public Relations or a closely related field is required. Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public or Business Administration or a closely related field or four additional years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the administration of public or private housing and/or assisted housing programs, including three years in senior management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in the management of a large Housing Choice Voucher Program including supervision of a sizeable staff.
• Experience in organizational performance improvement preferred.
• Must obtain either the Assisted Housing Management or appropriate certification within one year of employment.
• Ability to provide expertise to leadership and departments
• Ability to interpret and implement complex and changing federal policies and regulations.
• Ability to analyze administrative systems and develop structures and strategies designed to provide efficient, high-quality, cost-effective service to the public.
• Skills in sustaining a collaborative, teamwork style of management.
• Strong commitment to the professional development of staff.
• Ability to effectively communicate individually and in groups with internal contacts, property owners, and other organizations or officials as appropriate.
• Comprehensive knowledge of programs, regulations and directives of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as well as all other applicable Federal and local laws and regulations as related to affordable housing services.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of effective program administration.
• Excellent written and public speaking skills.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to deal effectively with situations that require tact and diplomacy, yet firmness.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with members, applicants, participants, landlords, and community agencies that provide services.
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $47,200 – $72,100.
Business Process Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.