SAP BI/BW Developer - U.S. Citizenship Required
SAP BI/BW Developer - U.S. Citizenship Required
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, ALL
Position ID: J0823-1784
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI is seeking an experienced SAP BI/BW Developer to support an SAP S/4HANA Greenfield implementation project for a large government contract. The SAP BI/BW Developer is responsible for developing data models, analytics and visualization capabilities utilizing SAP HANA, SAP BW and other relevant databases. This role includes hands-on development and implementation of BI/BW solutions as well as developing and documenting technical architecture, system design and other technical aspects of the implementation. In this role, you will also liaise with the Security and BASIS teams to provide the necessary authorizations for the users to access the reports and train the users to execute and view the reports. This project is a fast-paced and dynamic environment that leverages areas such as Agile/Scrum methodology to build solutions based on customer requirements quickly.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with project teams and business stakeholders to understand and gather requirements for SAP HANA solutions.
• Analyze, design, develop and test BI applications/solutions utilizing SAP BW, BOBJ.
• Develop data modeling (extractors, Infocubes, multiproviders, ADSO, BEx queries) and HANA modeling (calculation views, analytics views).
• Develop functional and technical specifications for the design and implementation of reporting solutions.
• Troubleshoot SAP HANA issues and provide timely resolutions.
• Conduct performance tuning and optimization activities for SAP HANA systems.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of SAP HANA with other systems.
• Provide technical guidance and support to junior team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in modeling, development, implementation and maintenance of SAP BW solutions and BI Reporting technologies such as S/4 HANA Embedded Analytics, CDS Views development, HANA Modeling, SAP BEx, and SAP Business Objects.
• Deep knowledge of SAP S/4HANA, SAP BW/4HANA, including development experience of ADSO, Transformations, DTPs, BEx Query, etc.
• Experience in integrating SAP BW with external systems and data sources.
• Experience in using SAP HANA SDI/SDA.
• Experience in utilizing SAP BW/4HANA objects and SAP HANA Calculation views to create hybrid data models.
• Basic knowledge of ABAP programming in relation to BI.
• Good understanding of data and reporting methodologies using SAC with S4 HANA Analytics.
• Good understanding of SAP functional areas (A/R, A/P, FM, Projects, Assets, etc.) and the integration of the associated SAP modules.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Business, or other related technical discipline.
• Experience with SAP SAC (SAP Analytics Cloud).
• Experience with SAP Data Services (BODS), SQL Server, database administration, and/or other BI tools (ex. Tableau, Alteryx, QlikView/Qlik Sense).
• US Federal Government IT experience with a focus on Finance.
• Experience with SAFe/Agile development.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $94,500 - $181,800.
SAP BEx Query Analyzer
SAP Business Objects
SAP Business Warehousing
Other Civilian (Fed)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.