Sr. Full Stack (Java / Angular) Developer
Sr. Full Stack (Java / Angular) Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, ALL
Position ID: J0923-1048
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is actively seeking to hire a Sr. Full Stack (Java) Developer to join our team supporting a Federal client. In this role, you’ll work within an agile team to enhance and maintain business applications and systems from CGI’s Fairfax, VA offices or remotely. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the project team to review system requirements, design and develop software solutions and enhancements using Java-based technologies. Additionally, you’ll construct technical solutions and support work to enable the client to accomplish its business objectives. Assist in deploying applications to the AWS cloud environments via automated pipelines. Perform analysis and evaluation of component packages and software related to incidents and troubleshooting. Perform testing, evaluation, installation, configuration, and development of application releases required by the remediation along with required code changes. Install and upgrade software, patch, and plugins to ensure and sustain security compliance.
We’re a close-knit team that has access to global resources. You’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers. Growth at CGI is driven by your goals, so if you’re looking for an inclusive place where you’re empowered to chart your own path, then we’d love to meet you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with User Experience Designers to design and improve the user interfaces for supported applications, maintaining responsive designs that efficiently resize for different devices and browser sizes.
• Build and maintain unit test cases meeting the required code coverage thresholds.
• Complete complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
• Contribute to the development of documentation.
• Work closely with clients and cross-functional departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance and to communicate project statuses and proposals.
• Participate in the entire software development lifecycle.
• Monitor system performance.
• Test new software and fix bugs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Please note that US Citizenship is NOT required, but candidates MUST have lived and worked in the US for the last 24 consecutive months in order to pass the US Government customer's background investigation.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree.
• Eight (8)+ years of overall experience primarily designing and developing Java based applications JAVA/JEE.
• Proficient with Angular (version 2 or later, preferably with experience using Angular 8 or later).
• Experience in Package and deploy applications using CI/CD process Gitlab
• AWS/Service oriented application development experience is a plus
• Experience working with clients and business partners.
• Working knowledge of agile methodologies.
• Experience developing and deploying in AWS cloud environments
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $84000 - $165000.”
At CGI, we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. however, preferred location is Fairfax, VA.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.