Sr. SAP ABAP/Fiori Developer - U.S. Citizenship Required
Sr. SAP ABAP/Fiori Developer - U.S. Citizenship Required
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
Main location: United States, ALL
Position ID: J0823-1771
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI is seeking a Sr. SAP ABAP/Fiori Developer to support an SAP S/4HANA Greenfield implementation project for a large government contract. As a Sr. Developer, you will be involved in every stage of the application lifecycle, from design to deployment. You are responsible for converting user requirements into Technical Design Specs and developing ABAP solutions in alignment with the designs. You may also lead or guide other developers in maintainable development practices and during code reviews. This project is a fast-paced and dynamic environment that leverages areas such as Agile/Scrum methodology to quickly build solutions based on customer requirements. You are encouraged to learn more technologies and suggest improvements to business processes. You will be successful through your strong technical skills, proactive problem-solving, ability to learn quickly and excellent communication with our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• ABAP development and performance analysis, testing, issue analysis, triage, debugging, job scheduling, execution, monitoring and issue resolution.
• Develop SAP ODATA Entities using SAP Gateway Service builder, which can be consumed by any application outside SAP using the HTTP(s) protocol.
• Participate in the analysis of the customer's business operations to validate requirements and scope and suggest process improvements.
• Convert business critical requirements into SAP applications.
• Develop and maintain SAP design and technical specification documents and conduct unit, integration and release testing to validate functionality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• A minimum of 8 years in SAP ABAP with Fiori/UI5 implementations across various SAP versions, S/4, ECC and R/3.
• Hands-on experience integrating backend SAP and non-SAP applications.
• Hands-on experience in SAP Fiori and SAPUI5 custom development.
• Expertise in configuring the standard Fiori Application and enhancing the Fiori Apps according to client requirements.
• Experience in SAP Gateway and OData Services for UI5 development.
• Hands-on experience with SAP ABAP development and CDS.
• Experience with the design and development of interfaces/APIs with focus on re-usability and configurability.
• Good debugging skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Capable of self-learning new technologies in the UI space, working with minimum direction and supervision.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Business or other related technical discipline.
• ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP).
• Certifications specific to Application Development and Agile areas of focus.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $94,500 - $181,800.
SAP Business Suite
SAP S/4 HANA
SAP S/4 HANA
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.