Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, Virginia, Arlington
Position ID: J1023-0194
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Functional Business Analyst with strong analytical and communication skills to join our Budget System Modernization team and support our client's Software Releases.
The ideal candidate should have understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to be able to assist with testing initiatives, release documents, and other release-related materials to ensure on-time successful delivery.
The candidate should be able to independently learn and become an expert in the clients’ software in order to advise the client on best practices and procedures.
Federal financial management/accounting and/or budgeting experience, as well as knowledge of MS Office Suite, JIRA, SQL, and Confluence, will be highly desirable.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Future duties and responsibilities
• Ability to analyze business/system requirements document and develop test plans to help with testing
• Participate in Agile/scrum planning’s, in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews
• Ability to operate cross-functionally throughout the team, including technical and functional team to test systems and reports to ensure smooth development and delivery of releases.
• Ability to perform Regression and End to End testing to ensure the system meets clients' requirements
• Ability to use SQL to retrieve the data from database to perform data validations and testing
• Ability to create and Support UAT guidance
• Ability to Collaborate with team throughout release process
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Our Federal customer requires that all applicants possess US citizenship and be eligible for a SECRET security clearance. An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related field (or equivalent experience/education)
• 3 years of relevant work experience
• Strong customer service skills. (e.g., Ability and desire to develop and maintain productive client relationships)
• Strong communication skills. (e.g., ability to facilitate trainings to large groups, ability to write comprehensive and clear responses to emails.
• Be detail oriented, flexible, proactive, and multi-task to quickly adapt to changing client priorities and respond to ad hoc requests.
• Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Office Suite,
• Ability to quickly learn new business process and systems
• Demonstrate critical thinking to analyze issues, evaluate solutions, and ask clarifying questions
• Knowledge of Momentum Suite and JIRA is preferred
• Active Secret Security Clearance
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Working knowledge of Oracle SQL
• Experience working in an Agile framework and tools
• Experience with software development lifecycle
JIRA and Confluence is a plus
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,000 - $110,000.”
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.