CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Arlington, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Arlington, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0254
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Working as a Business Analyst, you will act as a liaison between the business function and the development team. You will be expected to leverage your technical and functional expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems. It is not required that you be a programmer or systems analysts, but are “IT savvy” and will become proficient in the systems and technology used on the program. You will act as a liaison by representing your client while gathering business specifications and requirements. You will be working in an agile setting, guiding the development team in prioritizing backlog, and making design decisions on behalf of the business function.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Determine operational needs by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Design new software programs by reviewing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications.
• Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
• Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures.
• Define project schedule and scope by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements, forming project team, and establishing project budgets.
• Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and provide training to users.
• Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information secure.
• Prepare technical reports by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing information and trends. Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses.
• Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility so information can be shared.
• Review information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, math or a related field.
• Understanding of various Software Development Life Cycle methodologies, including Agile.
• Experience in gathering business requirements, gap analysis, process flows, road mapping, and solution design.
• Experience designing, developing, and executing test plans.
• Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients, internal stakeholders and leaders.
• Ability to build consensus and achieve goals through influence and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• High attention to detail through proofing and follow-through.
• Experience thriving in a dynamic work environment, balancing priorities for efficient workflow.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
• Desire to continuously learn through independent study.
• Creative thinking and the ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
• Desire to be a team player who is able to put the project or team success before their own, while also developing other members of the team.
• High integrity and strong work ethic.
• Adeptness to work collaboratively on a team as well as independently.
Agile & DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.