CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. JEE Back-End Developer in Arlington, Virginia
JEE Back-End Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
JEE Back-End Developer
City: Arlington, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0321-3704
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
The JEE Back-End Developer will leverage expertise in Java frameworks, ORM, REST and Spring (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Data) to support the development of custom front-end/user interface solutions by designing and building server-side logic and APIs to facilitate the exchange of data between front-end and back-end solutions and frameworks. You will work alongside front-end Developers as well as a team of domain and subject matter experts in a cloud-based, Agile environment, collaborating on the implementation of a centralized financial solution as part of an enterprise transformation/modernization effort.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Day-to-day activities include designing, building, testing and maintaining software solutions using Java, and related frameworks.
• Working closely with subject matter experts to interpret requirements and translate to software solutions.
• Integrating user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
• Helping maintain code quality, organization and performance.
• Providing support for downstream testing efforts and defect resolution.
• Participating in the Agile
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with Java (JEE) application development (JEE 7/8).
• Experience with ORM and Spring (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Data).
• Experience with RESTful web service technologies and related security.
• Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git).
• Experience with Cloud-based development.
• Proficient with build tools such Maven or Gradle.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Proficient with Oracle (JDBC or equivalent, SQL).
• Familiarity with a front-end development platform/framework such as Angular.
• Experience securing data in transit (data encryption, certs, TLS, HTTPS).
• Familiarity with Docker and containerization.
• Previous experience with Red Hat OpenShift or Kubernetes.
• Previous experience with JBoss EAP/Fuse.
• Previous experience with the federal financial domain.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.