CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr. Java Developer in Arlington, Virginia
Jr. Java Developer
Find similar career opportunities
Jr. Java Developer
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0219-0778
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is seeking a Jr JAVA/J2EE Developer to help CGI establish robust enterprise-wide solutions for Identity and Access Management for the customer. As the Java Developer, you will be called upon to support in developing, testing, implementing and maintaining features in a high quality and reusable fashion in accordance with principles and best practices of quality software development. You will learn and imbibe best practices and methodologies while working within a cross-functional team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participates in code and design reviews.
• Reviews and understands customer requirements and specifications.
• Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified timeframe according to agency's standards and guidelines.
• Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software. Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions. This includes validating the fix for the software problem. Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
• Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
• Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software implementation.
• Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
• Actively participates in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
• Utilize knowledge of Java/J2EE development principles to design, develop, and test software solutions based on business requirements.
• Design and execute test cases to work within an Automated Testing framework.
• Utilize SQL for supplement Java-based solutions.
• Interface with stakeholders at different levels/units of business leadership to ensure excellent delivery on requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
•1 to 2 + years of Java/J2EE Development experience in an enterprise environment
•Experience with the following web technologies: XML, SPML/SOAP, Web and Application Servers, HTML.
•Experience setting up and installing software on both Windows and Unix (Linux, Sun, HP, AIX) platforms.
•Experience with Databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL).
•Experience with Directories (LDAP, AD).
• Strong collaboration and influence skills
• Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
• Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
• Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
• Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team
• Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain an agency specific clearance
•Experience in Implementation/Configuration/Deployment of the code in any Identity governance tools (Sailpoint IIQ, Oracle Identity Manager, IBM, NetIQ)
•Familiarity with identity and access management concepts such as provisioning/de-provisioning, RBAC, certifications & workflows.
•Experience with Agile/DevOps development methodology
•Experience in implementing User acceptance testing, performance testing, automated testing and regression testing of IAM applications.
•Experience in development of test scripts, test cases and test plans.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.