CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Arlington, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0268
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As a project manager, you will work with project teams and drive project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closure. You will manage multiple projects across different platforms; lead strategic direction; and collaborate with a cross-discipline team of developers, management, and customers to design innovative solutions for our clients. The role is a significant position that involves working with customers and other stakeholders by developing and implementing solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment.
You will join a dynamic team in the utilities space dedicated to helping our clients design and implement solutions that meet their needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will help our clients by identifying, specifying and analyzing requirements and processes, managing progress throughout the design, test and implementation process. Your ability to create innovative solutions will contribute to the success of our projects and the satisfaction of our clients.
• Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
• Meet with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
• Submit project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
• Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
• Establish effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
• Facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
• Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
• Identify and developing new opportunities with clients.
• Obtain customer acceptance of project deliverables.
• Manage customer satisfaction within project transition period.
• Manage project on schedule and on budget.
• Conduct post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• ERP project oversight.
• Take initiative to coach, mentor, and orient co-workers and actively support team-based developments
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Strong Delivery PM with proven ability to develop/manage resources (some virtual), risks, deliverables, presentations, quality, etc.
• Successful track record managing initiatives of various sizes and value
• Ability to develop/conduct status meetings/presentations w/project stakeholders and management.
• Excellent communication and written skills, ability to dynamically manage change.
• Ability to travel and work from client sites as necessary
• Ability to work cooperatively with other PMs in a shared environment.
• Understands budgeting and the importance of financial management of the project.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 7-10 years of experience
• Hands-on experience with large financial or operational systems
• Strong written and oral communication skills, good presentation skills
• PMP certification or Agile certification
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and good work ethic is essential to success
• Familiarization with both waterfall and Agile
Agile & DevOps
Enterprise Resource Planning
PMI Program Mgmt Professional
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.