Release Train Engineer
Release Train Engineer
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, Virginia, Arlington
Position ID: J1023-0193
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking is seeking a talented Release Train Engineer (RTE) with strong analytical and communication skills to join our Budget System Modernization team and support our clients' transformation into an Agile state.
The ideal candidate should have understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to be able to assist with transitioning from a traditional waterfall approach into a SAFe Agile practice.
The candidate should be able to independently learn and become an expert in the clients’ environment and software in order to advise the client on best practices and procedures.
Federal financial management and/or budgeting experience (PPBE), as well as knowledge of MS Office Suite, JIRA, SQL, and Confluence, will be highly desirable.
• RTE must have refined and broad understanding of how SAFe Agile delivers value to the organization.
• Superior communication skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers – including presentations, negotiations, and written reports.
• Schedule, communicate, and facilitate PI Planning event.
• Facilitate PI planning readiness by fostering Continuous Exploration process which drives the combination of Vision, Roadmap, and backlog and through Pre and Post PI planning Meetings.
• Aggregate Team PI Objectives in Program PI Objectives, visualize and publish roadmap for visibility and transparency.
• Influence and develop solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Product Owners and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
• Assist program level decision-making with work estimation and prioritization.
• Facilitate regular program level meetings with Scrum Masters, PM and PO.
• Assist with program execution and tracking completion of features and capabilities.
• Manage the identification, tracking and resolution of program level risks, issues, and dependencies.
• Track and produce key program level metrics report (e.g. cumulative flow diagram).
• Drive program-level continuous improvement via retrospectives, Inspect and Adapt workshops, and constant System demonstration at the program level.
• Foster Communities of Practices (CoP) and use of Engineering and Built-in Quality Process.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Agile RTE is responsible in assisting the team in building a high-performing Agile Release Train through servant leadership and coaching with multiple product line teams. Coordinates with the Clients and Product Management Team to define the software release plan and scope. Acts as single voice for software releases to assure engineering deliverables are meeting the needs of the business goals. The RTE supports program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive program-level continuous improvement activities. RTE’s are responsible for facilitating program level work across a diverse set of agile development teams.
Key Responsibilities and Traits:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Possess US citizenship
• Eligible for a SECRET security clearance.
o An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related field (or equivalent experience/education)
• 3 years of relevant work experience
• Comprehensive understanding SAFe Agile practices
• Strong integration skills. (e.g., Ability to coordinate and schedule large meetings)
• Strong customer service skills. (e.g., Ability and desire to develop and maintain productive client relationships)
• Strong communication skills. (e.g., ability to facilitate trainings to large groups, ability to write comprehensive and clear responses to emails.
• Be detail oriented, flexible, proactive, and multi-task to quickly adapt to changing client priorities and respond to ad hoc requests.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to quickly learn new business process and systems
• Demonstrate critical thinking to analyze issues, evaluate solutions, and ask clarifying questions
• Comprehensive understanding of how SAFe Agile delivers value to the organization.
• Knowledge of Momentum Suite and JIRA is preferred
• Scaled Agile Consultant (SPC4) or Scaled Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification preferred
• Experience with both product start-up and mature product development preferred
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $80,000 - $105,000.”
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.