CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Subject Matter Expert in Arlington, Virginia
Subject Matter Expert
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Subject Matter Expert
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Arlington, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0278
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is currently looking for a Subject Matter Expert to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating teams to deliver a multi-faceted program including defining project goals, agile software development, client relationship management, managing project scope, and budgeting.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A subject matter expert understands, articulates and implements best practices related to federal ERP solutions such as Grants and Acquisitions. The subject matter expert provides guidance on how to resolve an organizational and system need and actively participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Lead customers to help them identify, prioritize and achieve their strategic business goals through the use of digital solutions that help to drive differentiation.
• Act as Trusted Advisor for customer accounts and End to End accountability for design and customer experience direction, approach and solution.
• Provides in-depth customer experience consultation to key client stakeholders (including executive leadership) to ensure the design on new and enhanced digital products by utilizing established standards, subject matter expertise, procedures, and methodologies.
• Provides in-depth user experience and product design consultation to clients and management to ensure quality delivery utilizing established standards, procedures, and methodologies.
• Researches and evaluates new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce costs.
• Captures customer requirements and business objectives by leading meetings and work sessions and translate them into a strategic product design recommendations to achieve the outlined objectives.
• Advising and assisting Implementation teams in the translation of design and implementation requirements.
• Support account teams by leading estimation of new work.
• Mentoring junior designers to ensure alignment in delivery excellence and to help them advance and/or broaden their skill set.
• Participate (or lead) in communication with various executive stakeholders and C suite on strategic decisions.
• Stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry.
• Produce strategy and product design UX/UI documentation necessary for advancing design and implementation.
Involved and/or informed with all aspects and activities in product design and digital experience projects: from concept definition, understanding users through design led requirements analysis and implementation, ending up with handover to dev teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• You will 5 years’ experience as a senior product designer or in a customer facing role working with both business/digital executives and technology teams.
• You will have the capacity to spearhead a strategy or product design project from beginning to end and provide support to solve problems when needed.
• Mixed (evolving) agile and waterfall process implementation and adherence, quality planning and practice for projects delivered.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Business or relevant discipline, Master’s Degree preferred.
Desired Qualifications Include:
• Effective time management and organization skills and can work well independently or in a team environment.
• Strong planning skills to prioritize activities in order of importance.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills (verbal and written) to work with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff.
• Ability to work in a very dynamic and constant growing environment.
• Ability to lead multiple projects that include separate supporting design teams and customers, sometimes across varying industries.
Agile & DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.