CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Director - Capture and Proposals Team in Arlington, Virginia
Technical Director - Capture and Proposals Team
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Leadership and Management Roles
City:Arlington, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
The Technical Director will provide technical expertise and direction to the International Development, Assistance and Commerce (IDAC) Business Unit (BU) Capture Team. You will be responsible for evaluating opportunities for organic and new business growth, answering technical questions, working with other Federal technical experts to coordinate, refine and tailor innovative solutions and write RFI responses, lead and contribute to proposal technical responses and develop white papers. The Technical Director will stay current with new tools, technologies and methodologies that may be of interest to CGI Federal's clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This position supports the IDAC BU by conducting technical reviews of IT opportunities in the BU pipeline. You will draft and lead technical content creation for RFIs/RFPs and provide materials and briefings to be presented at meetings. You will prepare and deliver detailed documentation for executive-level meetings. You will act as the primary interface to the Emerging Technologies Practice for identifying required expertise. You will provide a depth and breadth of knowledge in all areas of IT with the most depth in application development, application modernization, data analytics and architecture, Shared Services, cloud services/ITSM, and cybersecurity.
• Provide written technical leadership and responses to RFIs, RFPs, orals presentations, customer briefings.
• Provides expert support, analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the technical subject matter. Review stakeholder requests and research other topics as required, and provide assessments and recommendations based on knowledge of current and emerging technologies and best business practices.
• Review briefing and other materials to be presented, and prepare detailed documentation. Serves as technical expert on BU growth opportunities providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives.
• Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communications skills. Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
• Provide expert guidance, recommendation, and education with regard to assessing the client environment system and technology posture.
• Reviews and recommends solutions to customer problems based on an expert understanding of current technologies, CGI experience, and client’s preferred technology stack.
• Analyzes and recommends resolution to complex information technology problems based on knowledge of the major products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and expert knowledge.
• Receive, review, and respond to requests for proposal and requests for information as an individual or part of a proposal team.
• Consults with and mentors project team technical resources to understand client challenges and preferences.
• Production of expert level white papers for Executive Leadership and external organizations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Proven ability to work in a team environment with the ability to drive key client communication and expectations
• Ability to work independently and lead projects end to end
• Good oral and written communication, leadership and presentation skills
• Ability to work under time constraints and produce deliverables in a timely manner
• Analytical skills to propose and evaluate alternative solutions
• Ability to work across functional areas in resolving specific process issues
• Experience documenting technical requirements
• Experience engaging clients to determine requirements and support functions in client facing meetings
• Strong communication skills and ability to understand business functionality
• Ability to foster positive business relationships
• Advanced skills in use of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as tools to effectively document work effort
• Advanced technical degree
• Experience with Department of State or Commerce
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.