CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior SEO Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior SEO Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior SEO Developer
Category: Digital Customer Experience
City: Atlanta, Georgia, US United States
Position ID: J0421-0083
Employment Type: Contract
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Technical SEO Developer is responsible for leading planning & execution of projects improving website performance and search engine compliance to achieve greater rankings.
This role can be located anywhere in the United States, however preferred locations are Atlanta, Georgia, Dallas, Texas, or in close vicinity to a CGI office.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Execute on deliverables & setup, including (but not limited to):
o Sitemap Creation
o 301 Redirect Recommendations
o Plugin & platform setup (Yoast, GA, GTM, Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Hotjar)
o Website QA
o Backlink Gap Analyses
o Image optimization
o Page Load Factors and Third-Party Tagging
• Website QA tasks, including (but not limited to):
o Pre & Post Launch Site Crawls
o URL Resolution Check
o Canonical tag, XML sitemap, & Robots.txt Check
o Page Speed Audits
o Favicon, Metadata, Status Codes & SSL Check
o 404 Page Checks
• Perform technical tasks/project that build effective site crawling and indexing, including recommendations on mobile usability, robots meta tag usage, structured data, and URL configuration
• Deliver detailed and analytical site performance reporting insights and organic online marketing recommendations, create dashboards in tools such as, Adobe Analytics, AEM, BrightEdge.
• Conduct analysis around all aspects of technical SEO, including web presence optimization, site structure strategies & measurement, providing success and alerts to leadership
• Stay up to date on current SEO industry trends and technologies, and communicate these trends to clients and team members
• Hands-on skill with Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Google Tag Manager, BrightEdge, Siteimprove, GTMetrix, AEM, etc for data insights and to drive technical improvements to the website(s)
• Experience using key industry search tools and platforms (SEMRush, Adobe Analytics, AEM, Screaming Frog, Moz, etc.)
• Impeccable project management and organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel
• Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata and site speed optimization to optimize website performance
• Ownership and oversight of technical SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, canonicalization, Schema.org, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
5-7+ years of experience leading impactful organic search tactics, with a focus on technical performance factors impacting the website’s health
be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker with ability to work with minimal supervision
possess strong analytical technical skills
have enhanced ability to collaborate across departments to achieve optimal website(s) framework
adequately prepare digital properties for Google’s Core Vital mandates
plan, execute and deliver Technical SEO Audits for multiple domains
work closely with Content SEO Specialist, unifying knowledge and skills leading to superior Organic Search performance
Est. Hourly Range (Colorado Only): $60-65/hr*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.