CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS API Engineer in Austin, Texas
AWS API Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
AWS API Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Austin, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0821-2368
Employment Type: Full Time
In the Emerging Technologies Practice at CGI, our consultants and technologists apply their deep expertise and problem-solving skills to implement cutting-edge and industry best solutions. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for an AWS Backend Developer to join our team. Our backend developers work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, are passionate about data and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process, and transform data. In this role, you will collaborate with the team while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients’ needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Supports applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
• Assesses the health and performance of software applications and databases.
• Defines specifications and develop programs, modifies existing programs, prepares test data, and prepares functional specifications.
• Engage in meetings with client stakeholders to drive out requirements
• Use data manipulation tools to source, transform, and blend data from multiple different data sources
• Write clear, concise, well-documented code and perform code review for peers
• Translate business objectives into quantitative metrics to achieve business goals and drive KPIs
• Prepare and present solutions to executive audiences
• Potential regional travel to client sites
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Deep understanding of core AWS services, uses, and AWS architecture best practices
• A strong technical background in topics relevant to this role such as API design, cloud software development, data storage patterns & schemas, and microservice & serverless oriented architectures
• Proficient understanding of AWS services (e.g. S3, EC2, Lambda, Glacier, SNS, EBS, CloudFront, SQS, VPC, Kinesis, and Elastic Beanstalk, etc)
Programming and API Fundamentals
• Deep expertise in API design patterns, including RESTful API design, API Gateways, API Management, etc.
• Object oriented Python for scalable big data pipelines, ETL, web APIs, and microservices
• Integrated pipeline logging and unit testing
• DevOps principles and tools such as automated testing, deployments, and CI/CD
• Development and deployment onto cloud platforms including Azure, GCP, or AWS
• Data migration between on prem and cloud resources
• Big Data or Cloud integration technologies such as Databricks, Matillion, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, etc.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to communicate about handling multiple priorities and deadlines
• Data narration and storytelling with demonstrated ability to present to executive audience
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, or equivalent
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
SQL 5yrs Expert
API Design and Ingestion 5yrs Expert
Cloud (ex. Azure) 3yrs Intermediate
Programming (Python) 3yrs Intermediate
• Scaling production-facing applications in large enterprise environments
• Experience in mentoring and career development for junior resources
• Previous consulting experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.