CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Communications Consultant in Austin, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Austin, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1021-1501
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting our Federal clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our business while keeping up with the standard of being leaders in the industry. We offer a chance to develop a career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials and training, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Communications Consultant. This opportunity will support a dynamic, fast-paced and energetic ERP implementation for a large Federal government organization.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• The expectations of this requested position is the Communications Consultant will work, at the direction of the Communications Lead, across program teams, Workstream Leads and client representatives to establish and manage the project communications plans and execute against those plans.
• Plans includes a communications matrix, communications tracking tools and any other strategic communications tools that support effective communications.
• The Consultant will monitor project activities to help identify communication gaps and weaknesses.
• The Communications Consultant will participate in activities in alignment with the stakeholder (program) communications team as well as the executive communications team to ensure that there is consistency in messaging across all channels.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• At least 2 years of experience (or responsible for) project communications to include familiarity with SDLC and the up/downstream communication links in each step of the process, experience defining and developing internal program communications and the tools to track them and depth of knowledge using SharePoint as a communications tool.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
• Ability to differentiate between information that needs to be communicated and information that is superfluous to avoid communication noise.
• Strong ability to build re-usable “snapshot” or dashboard views of information, as well as succinct reports, updates and newsletters.
• Strong PowerPoint skills.
• Strong visual and graphic presentation skills.
• Experience with Excel.
• Experience with SharePoint.
• Experience working in Agile environments.
• Experience working on major implementation and integration programs ($10M and above).
• Ability to develop and construct strategic communications tools such as re-usable key-messages.
• Ability to develop, track and display communications metrics.
• Ability to develop and execute surveys in electronic and other mediums.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.