CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director, Consulting Architecture and Tools in Austin, Texas
Director, Consulting Architecture and Tools
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Austin, Texas, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI’s US_Global Technology Operations team is searching for a best-in-class Director to lead our Consulting, Architecture and Tools team. This leader will build and grow a team of consultants focused on IT modernization and cloud readiness, cloud and hybrid IT migration/deployment/management, and cloud dev-ops (focused on operations). This leader will be responsible for driving innovation and growth through digital platforms by determining and implementing technology, product, and automation strategies using existing and new tools. This individual will lead a team of platform services architects that are experts in hybrid and cloud infrastructure that will enable application workloads from CGI, ISVs and clients. These workloads include traditional on-premises, managed/hosted, and as-a-service delivery models. The positon will work with GTOs in all regions to ensure that CGI and Global GTO are leveraging common solutions and tools optimized for their regional business goals.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide strategic leadership to support the business strategy requirements into solutions that meet business objectives, while providing a high-level customer experience.
• Develop and maintain Strategic level planning and implementation for this area of responsibility. May include but not limited to strategic department planning, outsourcing, insourcing, new technology implementation, reacting to regulatory or audit requirements and process improvements.
• Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of the compliance and legal responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area(s) of responsibility incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures perform periodic self-assessments including corrective action as needed and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert to design/improve Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc) Architecture and application deployments
• Work closely with application development team to support existing and new projects
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of operational services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Follow and promote quality best practices from all sides of software engineering and platform operations.
• Design, implement, and maintain solutions that contribute to the automation of code/infrastructure changes.
• Ensure good health of all CGI PaaS/SaaS/Iaas products.
• Experience people manager that can develop and maintain a high performing team of professionals delivering subject matter expertise as consulting services to external as well as internal clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years experience as a Cloud Certified Solutions Architect (AWS or Azure, also Google is an advantage)
• 5+ years hands on in-depth experience using cloud based development platforms such as AWS. Azure, GCP
• Experience with Consulting and transitioning Clients from a legacy environment to a Cloud platform
• Excellent communication skills to articulate strategic recommendations to executive management, architects, and development partners, driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through
• Strong knowledge of DevOps technologies and processes related to cloud solutions. Things like Terraform, Ansible and Kubernetes
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting and driving to resolution technical integration issues across various platforms
• Desire to mentor and support team members across the organization and provide ongoing knowledge transfers relating to technology evolution, troubleshooting techniques, and automation.
• Requisite consulting experience and skills to mentor staff and grow the consulting practice.
- Help Desk/IT Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.