CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Snowflake Architect in Austin, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Austin, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0436
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a brilliant, creative, fun, and passionate Snowflake Technical Architect, who is naturally curious. Our Architects work with cross-functional teams, are passionate about data accuracy and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process and transform data, As part of our Emerging Technology Practice, you will collaborate with the team while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients' needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of traditional and cloud data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
• Design highly scalable ETL processes with complex data transformations, data formats including error handling and monitoring
• Performs independent technical analysis, debugging and troubleshooting
• Performs code and unit testing for complex scope modules, and projects
• Participates in the development, improvement and maintenance of database applications both as an individual contributor and as a team member
• Performs functional analysis for major projects supporting several organization wide initiatives
• Acts as an expert technical resource across functional organizations and monitors performance of project plans
• Work with customers to understand and execute on their requirements
• Travel may be required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role
• Willingness to travel to client location
• US Citizen or GC Holder
• Team player who mentors and upskills junior resources
• Ability to explain technical problems or concepts to non-technical users
• Expertise in data warehousing projects: Traditional Data Warehousing & Cloud
• Solid programming skills in database development, engineering, and design
• Mastery of SQL, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, and Amazon Redshift
• Experience on AWS, Azure or Snowflake with data architecture, design, analytics and deployment
• Knowledge of DBMS optimizer and performance tuning techniques
• Development experience with Java and Python or Spark
• Working knowledge of software engineering best practices
• Experience with GIT, CI/CD pipelines, and SDLC in an Agile environment
BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, or equivalent
• Ability to effectively lead a team and upskill junior resources
• Ability to provide vision and high-level strategies for clients
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
Google Cloud Platform
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.