CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Blockchain Engineer/Developer in Baltimore, Maryland
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0820-1643
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for a Blockchain developer who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting distributed Blockchain-based applications. Your primary responsibility will be analyzing requirements, designing Blockchain technology around a certain business model, and the building and launching the Blockchain network. The ideal candidate should have solid understanding of the federal data market, customer adoption of digital data, deep expertise with distributed ledger technologies and a desire to drive change through data alignment across the enterprise and promote sharing, reuse, ROI to reduce overall cost and improve information flow. The role requires the candidate to be a hands-on full stack developer with experience in all phases of the SDLC.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Research, design, develop, and test Blockchain technologies
• Demystifying Blockchain technology by offering Blockchain workshops and events.
• Understanding of secure technologies for security and scalability for transactions, which includes Blockchain technologies like Ethereum and Hyperledger.
• Deep understanding of Blockchain technologies such as Ethereum, Hyper Ledger, Tendermint, other Blockchain technologies and various consensus protocols.
• In-depth understanding of Blockchain architectures and a clear understanding of how various Blockchain platforms differ.
• Experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2 EC2, Cloudwatch, AWS Config of Load Balancers, Network and Auto scaling for subdomains in AWS VPC.
• Experience in all phases of SDLC i.e. requirement gathering, design, development and implementation.
• Works with Solution Architects, domain experts, and other project team members to develop consensual software design to ensure the proposed solution meets both client and end user needs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Thorough understanding of Blockchain principles
• Strong software development background
• Proficiency in one of the following languages: Go, Java, NodeJS
• Blockchain/Distributed Ledger technology hands on experience: Tendermint, Ethereum, Hyperldeger fabric/sawtooth, DAML, Corda, etc.
• Knowledge of Blockchain concepts such as consensus protocols; validation algorithms, digital signatures, large-scale distributed systems; applied cryptography.
• Hands on experience of implementing Smart Contract applications
• 5+ years of hands-on development experience
• Understanding of cross-domain data access needs in federal and government industry
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.