Business Analyst (Federal Financials)
Business Analyst (Federal Financials)
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, ALL
Alternate Location(s): United States, Maryland, Baltimore
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
United States, Texas, Belton
United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0923-0320
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is seeking Business Analysts to support a component of the Department of Health and Human Services. This component is a single, integrated dual-entry accounting system that standardizes and centralizes federal financial accounting functions for all of CMS’s programs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participating in Agile methodologies to engage with all stakeholders to drive delivery of HIGLAS solutions.
• Conduct requirements gathering conversations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
• Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
• Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
• Performing requirements analysis
• Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
• Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
• Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
• Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
• Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Federal Financial experience in some combination of Budget, Accounting and Payments
• Strong team player
• Advanced documentation skills
• Proven ability to create business use cases, test cases, and flow diagrams
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of writing up SQL queries
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate continuous commitment to quality and service.
• Ability to clearly, concisely, and completely document Federal Financial business needs via user stories/use cases, data flows, logical data models, etc.
• Two plus (2+) years of experience with User Story development
• In-depth knowledge of business analysis tasks, processes, and documentation
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $82,100 - $143,700
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.