CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Architect in Baltimore, Maryland
Find similar career opportunities
City: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0918-2221
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Become part of a team to help a large government agency with developing and improving their anti-fraud initiatives. This office leads the anti-fraud activities and works across organizational lines to ensure that employees throughout the agency have the tools to combat fraud. The agency is currently improving and modernizing their legacy anti-fraud systems to use the adanced nature of predictive analytics in data science and mathematical modeling techniques.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Anti-Fraud Enterprise Solution provides an environment to consolidate existing anti-fraud initiatives, develops and improves mitigation solutions, supports advanced predictive analytics capabilities to develop anti-fraud trigger sets, manages risk based alerts to the anti-fraud specialists, and tracks and assesses anti-fraud counter measure performance. This solution integrates data from multiple sources and uses industry-proven predictive analytics software to identify high-risk transactions that require further review.
The Anti-Fraud Enterprise solution also applies predictive and rule-based models to their business processes to determine common characteristics and patterns of potential cases of fraud based on lessons learned from past allegations and known cases of fraud. With these models, they identify suspicious and evolving patterns of activities in our workloads and prevent fraudulent actions from advancing
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List principal responsibilities.
As the data architect on the team, the qualified resource will perform the following activities:
• Review agency programmatic environments and identify post processing data collection services and available data
• Develop data collection/extraction processes
• Execute data collection/extraction activities and evaluate fraud models
• Develop and maintain data-driven model and operational and performance reports and dashboards
• Create documented data relationship and pattern diagrams
• Create and maintain data model diagrams
• Create implementation plans for data normalization process
• Provide full lifecycle development support
• Assist with requirements analysis
• Review legacy systems and data collection services
• Develop legacy applications enhancements to support migration efforts to a new system
• Provide demonstrations of progress at critical stages
• Make recommendations for storage capacity, expansion, upgrades, preventive maintenance and hardware redundancy
• Troubleshoot and resolve server and automation issues
• Document work and/or procedures as needed when new activities or workloads are assigned.
• Knowledge transfer as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 5 years’ administration and maintenance experience in Microsoft SQL Database and DB2/UDB
• Experience configuring and deploying application, database, SQL Reporting and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) changes.
• Experience working with Greenplum
• Experience working in a cloud environment
• Ability to work independently, conduct research, and present findings
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to write formal reports
• Proficiency with software such as Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
• SharePoint maintenance and enhancement experience is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.