Information Security Specialist (Oracle Fed Financials)
Category: Cyber Security
Main location: United States, ALL
Alternate Location(s): United States, Maryland, Baltimore
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
United States, Texas, Belton
Position ID: J0923-0318
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is seeking Information Security Specialists to support a component of the Department of Health and Human Services. This component is a single, integrated dual-entry accounting system that standardizes and centralizes federal financial accounting functions for all of CMS’s programs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring that the government’s information security assets are reliable, available, provide confidentiality, and are generally safe from unauthorized use and intrusion.
• Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information.
• Participates in security Incident response lifecycle. These activities include: detection, triage, analysis, containment, recovery and reporting
• Create detailed security assessment reports, providing insights and actionable recommendations.
• May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure.
• May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics and 7+ years of Information Security experience
• Strong knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), as well as conducting vulnerability assessments, and recommending information system security policies and procedures.
• Experience with configuring information system protective devices and software such as intrusion detection system, anti-virus software, etc.
• Experience with incident resolution, conducting risk assessments, and mitigating IA Risks.
• Experience recommending and implementing policies and procedures to ensure adherence to security standards.
• Must demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, inter-personal and multi-tasking skills
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $103,900 - $181,800
Backup & Recovery
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.