CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Mid Level Business Process Analyst in Baltimore, Maryland
Mid Level Business Process Analyst
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is looking for a Business Process Analyst who will work closely with clients to understand and document program goals, develop detailed and measurable business requirements including adoption/usability requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Plans, performs, and implements process improvement initiatives such as Lean or Six Sigma.
Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross-functional project teams.
Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
Collects data to identify root cause of problems.
Measures performance against process requirements.
Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
Provides consultation on using re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control.
Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
Communicates team progress.
Performs cost and benefit analyses.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• 2-5 years of relevant experience
• Adept knowledge and experience in FedRAMP requirements and guidance and in what is necessary to build compliant technology systems. Must be able to document these requirements as they relate to technology development projects and make sure the requirements are met in the SDLC process.
• Possess expert knowledge of Federal laws and regulations, directives, instructions, policy, standards, and guidance so that requirements support security and privacy compliance, which is critical to prevent delays later in the SDLC.
• Ability to work independently and/or to lead or supervise a team of specialists.
• Possesses strong oral and written communications skills to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables to SSA counterparts.
• Understands the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products and creating business/user requirements that allow implementation by the development team and COTS products.
• Experience contributing to recommendations and solutions for complex problems throughout all phases of the SDLC.
• Experience providing business process/requirements support for the following activities: contributing to technical briefings and reports; participating in meetings and walkthroughs; analyzing problems and providing solutions; providing user support; and conducting research.
• Experience identifying best practices, change and business management techniques, organizational development activity and data modeling, and/or information systems development methods and practices.
• Experience and ability to apply process improvement, reengineering, and requirements methodologies and principles to conduct process/requirements analysis, modernization, and improvement projects.
• Experience supporting group facilitation and conducting interviews, training, and additional forms of knowledge transfer.
• Experience and ability to apply facilitation techniques, training, methodology development, and evaluation across all phases of analysis, modernization, and improvement projects.
• Experience and ability to support components to facilitate enterprise-wide integration of reengineering and/or requirements efforts.
• Experience identifying and using tools to measure project progress against business-focused requirements.
• Ability to assist clients in deriving business rules and processes necessary for successful application development.
• Experience working with/on Agile development teams and clients to produce a functioning minimum viable product.
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following certifications: Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), Professional in Business Analysis (PIM-PBA), Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA), Accredited Management Consultant (AMA), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Business Manager (CBM), Certified International Project manager (CIPM), Certified Management Consultant (CMC), Certified Manager (CM), Certified MBA (CMBA), Certified in Management (CIM), Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM), Master Certified Knowledge Management Professional (MKMP), Master Project Manager (MPM), Master Management Consultant (MMC), Professional Manager (P.Mgr), or Stanford Certified Project Manager (SCPM)
Desired Specific Skills: Expert in Federal privacy laws/regulations, FEDRAMP, and cybersecurity guidelines/plans; BPR
Desired Technical Skills: SDLC; MS Project; WBS analysis; prototyping; Agile, Iterative/spiral, and Waterfall development knowledge.
Desired Emerging Tech Experience: Cloud, Web, Secure Mobile apps, Cybersecurity threats, Anti-fraud technique
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.