CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Mid-level SAS Application Solution Developer in Baltimore, Maryland
Mid-level SAS Application Solution Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Become part of a team to help a large government agency modernize the processes for publication of intricate statistical information used by multiple stakeholders . This statistical work is more intricate than just outputting a volume of tables from a database, as it requires ongoing process evaluation and development to ensure that we are providing statistics that meet the highest standards for credibility and accuracy.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This role requires an enquiring mind, perseverance and the ability to handle a large number of concurrent projects. The candidate needs to be able to write well and to be able to deal confidently with people at all levels in the organization.
The qualified resource will perform the following activities:
• Take ownership of any step in the development process from requirements gathering, solution architecture, design through maintenance as needed
• Meet with stakeholders to gather requirements and functional changes needed to current systems
• Analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems
• Ensure the system design fits the needs of the users
• Define objectives by analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality
• Create functional design documents, and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Assist with project estimating and proposals, as requested
• Develop software based on specifications provided by stake holders adhering to internal coding guidelines
• Create design documentation for front-end systems, write code adhering to internal coding guidelines, create automated unit tests, perform manual integration testing, peer review code, Investigate and fix production issues
• Provide consultation to clients, as requested
• Produce timely and accurate reports of work completed
• Perform and communicate in a team environment
• Constructively contribute to enhancing the technical knowledge of the development group, as a whole
• Advise and assist stakeholders in the use of data analytics tools and techniques for SAS modules installed on DAP platform
• Provide knowledge transfer to others.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Math or related degree. Master's or higher degree can be substituted for years of experience
• Five (5)+ years of relevant experience
• Experience with statistical and data analyses using SAS functionality implemented on DAP Platform
• Hands-on experience with SAS tools deployed on DAP including eGuide and SAS 9.4 M5
• Experience with taking business requirements, translating them into technical requirements, and then to SAS code
• Proven experience in developing functional applications and systems of high technical complexity
• Experience with developing Web Portals using EBI
• Experience using SAS DI studio to write ETL work flows
• SQL and experience with relational databases including DB2 and SQL Server,
• Knowledge must include architectural design, web part development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting implementations at an Enterprise-scale
• Experience using a formal, software development lifecycle methodology
• Be a proactive self-starter
• Excellent communication skills and effective technical writer,
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Section 508 accessibility standards
• VISIO and other planning tools
• Knowledge of .NET will be helpful
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.