MS Power Platform Developer
MS Power Platform Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Maryland, Baltimore
Position ID: J1023-1568
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is seeking an MS Power Platform Developer with Strong experience with building solutions using low code technologies such as PowerApps (Model-Driven and Canvas), Power BI, Power Pages, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents, SharePoint online, Dynamics 365 CRM, Azure, SQL, Dataverse Web Services.
Per customer requirements, candidates must be local (within 2hr drive radius) of Woodlawn, MD
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies.
• Designing and developing within the Microsoft Power Platform (Apps, Portal, Automate, Dataverse)
• Using advanced experience of data integration using APIs
• Developing and ensuring all solutions and package components and configurations migrate properly between new/established environments.
• Demonstrating ability to take part in data analysis, data manipulation, database design, programming, and implementation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• Master’s or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience.
• 7+ years of experience with designing and developing within the Microsoft Power Platform (Apps, Portal, Automate, Dataverse)
• 4+ years of experience of data integration using APIs.
• Microsoft Azure & Power Apps certifications PL-400 required.
• Solid experience developing with Microsoft 365 services including Power Automate and Power Apps.
• Common data services (Dataverse) and integration to Dynamics 365 using API (Azure API Management) custom-connectors within PowerApps.
• Developing Custom components for Power Apps and configuring Model Driven Apps for Power Apps.
• Development of Business process Flow and Approval Flow.
• Solid experience with Power Apps security capabilities, including Role based authorization and contributing to solution design activities.
• In depth knowledge in Power Automate, Power Portals, Power Pages.
• Experience with the Dynamics 365 is a must.
• Using API custom connectors and developing Microsoft Flows with Rest-API's. • Working experience in CI/CD, Git commands, GitHub source, Azure DevOps.
• Experience on configuring and customizing SharePoint Workflows, Custom Web Part POC controls Design & development.
• Experience with establishing and maintaining Power Platform Center of Excellence (CoE)
• Platform Admin experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or Platform as a Service (PaaS) environments
• Data migration experience using SSIS tools, Kingswaysoft packages.
• Prior experience with object-oriented programming technologies like Java/.Net is needed.
• Experience with development best practices and methodologies to evaluate, diagnose, and develop applications for optimal systems performance.
• Experience with setting up Power Platform system settings (Security, Data Management, Auditing) possibly through Dynamics 365
• Desired Power Platform Certifications PL-400 or PL-600.
• Utilize problem-solving skills to understand client pain points and troubleshoot as challenges arise.
• Creating & Managing documentation on methodologies, tools, and techniques.
• Writing user stories and acceptance criteria based on business-driven functionality as well as technical capabilities (works with both the Product Owner and Innovation team)
• Experience with Dominos DB, Oracle, and PostgreSQL
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
• Experience with Azure Development such as Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Application Services
• Work in an agile environment and participate in all agile ceremonies.
• Strong personal and communication skills both written and verbal; ability to develop relationships with all stakeholders.
• Great organizational skill
• Exhibits willingness to try new ideas, even when different that status quo.
• Responsive and ability to manage multiple projects and communications simultaneously.
• Excellent attention to detail; ability to multitask and adapt to shifting needs and priorities.
• Able to learn and adapt to new and complex procedures quickly.
• Promotes team health, spirit, and camaraderie.
• Avoids command-and-control leadership style.
• Shows curiosity and openness to ideas and suggestions for improving the team's product.
• Complete timely, work items and document project deliverables, and test completed deliverables to ensure effective deployment and usability.
• Exhibits deep technical knowledge across stack.
• Continuously works to improve team's engineering practices, bringing best practices across teams.
• Understands broad business, product context when setting technical structure for product.
• Influences development teams and leadership to make key program-level technical decisions.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000 - $161,600
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.