CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Data Scientist in Baltimore, Maryland
Senior Data Scientist
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City:Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Become part of a team to help a large government agency to support the maturing of the agency’s service delivery capabilities and data analytics reporting capabilities. This agency office is responsible for the design, implementation, oversight and re-engineering of business processes that affect the customer experience. The Agency is continuing the process of transitioning off its legacy Oracle EPM BI Tool and migrating over to Tableau, WebFocus 8 and continued usage of Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS). With this migration comes the need for data migration, operationalization of the Telephone Service – Operational Data Storage (TS-ODS) and Telephone System Replacement Project (TSRP) data systems, process documentation and training of OCS staff of basic usage, and navigation of the new tools.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Data Scientist on this program, the qualified candidate will:
• Perform critical activities, such as data synthesis, data mining and analysis using various industry methods, in addition to creating algorithms and running simulations.
• Provide Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization support, which includes, but limited to support for the online customer service dashboards and other ad-hoc requests requiring data analysis and visual support.
• Improve capabilities to increase program maturity, analytics based decision making, and tools and techniques critical to program execution.
• Conduct studies and analysis of Post Call Survey (PCS) feedback data.
• Provide technical and analytical support, at a program level, for the ongoing delivery of the Voice of the Customer (VoC) feedback (i.e., PCS) and satisfaction findings across all service channels.
• Support the development of queries, views, and customer feedback data explorations to aid in decision making by using one or a combination of the following: SAS, Tableau, Webfocus8, Microsoft SQL server, Toad.
• Produce and deliver a monthly VoC feedback analysis on customer experience improvement needs, which identifies key trends and customer pain-points across multiple data points, which will go into effect immediately.
• Provide technical and analytical support, at the program level, to implement VoC feedback recommendations for improving service delivery and customer satisfaction (CSAT). Contractor is expected to:
o Observe and analyze calls.
o Restructure the CSAT survey question format from a scaled format to an option format.
o Analyze survey responses of customers.
o Audit existing channels (i.e., IVR, Web, Letters, etc.) to compare quality of information provided and identify gaps that need attention.
o Audit and review N8NN Call Handling processes in the Teleservice Center Operating Guide (TSCOG).
o Explore alternative methods to communicate program requirements with the public, despite the channel initially selected.
o Explore alternative authentication methods that will minimize risk, provide a better customer experience, while saving operational expenses.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 5 Years of data science and predictive analytics initiatives experience – creating algorithms and running simulations
• At least 5 Years working with Microsoft SQL Server
• Expert in building and deploying data driven reports in SAS
• Expert in building and deploying dashboards inTableau
• Expert in WebFOCUS 8
• Expert level use of SQL; experience using Toad
• Experience working with large datasets.
• Strong analytical cababilities
• Forward thinking and keeps abreast of BI and technologies; able to make recommendations for the path forward
• Ability to work independently, conduct research, and present findings
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to write formal reports
• Service oriented with an aptitude to anticipate the needs of end users
• Proficiency with software such as Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.