CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud Engineer-100% REMOTE – US Based in Belton - REMOTE, Texas
Cloud Engineer-100% REMOTE – US Based
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud Engineer-100% REMOTE – US Based
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Belton - REMOTE, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-3458
Employment Type: Full Time
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our CGI team!
You will work on highly visible transformation projects for some of the world’s largest enterprises.
You will apply deep technical expertise to the design, implementation, testing, and ongoing support of AWS services.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Troubleshoots and resolves AWS service issues across development, testing, and production environments
• Manages AWS services, working with internal service groups as required to ensure system availability meets project requirements
• Develops scripts to automate systems administration and monitoring activities
• Analyzes monitoring results to produce recommendations for improving system performance and operational efficiency
• Works with Infrastructure Engineer and Architect on issues related to AWS design and architecture, and assists with Proof of Concept development and testing
• Works with peers within and beyond the Operations team to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and develop & implement new solutions
• As needed, assists with the development of Operations white papers, proposals, and other documentation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification
5 years of experience aligning IT systems with organizational business processes. At least three (3) years of that experience in a lead capacity in systems analysis, design, and architecture.
2-3 years of experience implementing and maintaining AWS services in a large production environment, including:
EC2, ECS, Fargate, AWS Autoscaling, and AWS Systems Manager
S3 and Amazon EFS
AWS CloudFront and CloudTrail
AWS Security Hub
AWS Config Compliance as Code and CloudFormation
3-5 years of Linux System Administration experience.
Excellent troubleshooting and root cause-analysis skills.
Experience with implementation and support of multi-tiered enterprise applications, including application service, server, network, storage, and backup platforms.
Experience working with third party service providers such as vendors and internal support groups.
Ability to exercise independent judgment in driving technical problems to resolution.
Ability to plan and implement change for enterprise systems and adhere to standard change management processes
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to mentor other team members in areas of technical expertise.
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
Project Management - 2-3 years experience
MS Project - 1-2 years experience
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
AWS DevOps or AWS Operations Certification
Strong working knowledge of
• Local and Wide area networking technologies
• Database technologies, preferably DynamoDB, and Aurora (MySQL and PostgreSQL)
• Middleware technologies, preferably WebSphere and Business Objects
• 3-5 years of experience working in an outsourced/managed services environment
• Excellent scripting skills, preferably Bash and python
• Experience support fast-paced development environments utilizing Agile, SDLC and/or other systems development methodologies
• Experience in a customer-facing role and creating work plans to accomplish complex, multi-step activities
• Experience working on an outsourced/managed services project
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $59,000-$135,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.