CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS Architect in Belton, Texas
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0619-0542
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS Architect to join our Architecture Consulting team. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The AWS Architect applies vast experience of system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. The candidate must apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define IT solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to: reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns. The candidate will manage and promote the use of client IT standards, serve as a subject matter expert to client projects and provide support for project team members. The candidate will create architectures and designs, will conduct peer reviews, and will develop target state architectures.
Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking)
Strong knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux,Windows NAS/SAN, software defined storage, virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V), authentication, cryptography. Must be fully conversant up and down the technology stack.
Working experience with IPS, DLP, Firewalls, SIEM, and security assessment tools/methodology (network, systems, and application).
Must have solid knowledge and understanding of scripting and secure configurations for mainstream operating systems (*nix, Windows, etc.)
Architecture and solution design experience required to develop infrastructure based detailed design specifications.
Strong knowledge in enterprise logging and monitoring solutions including monitoring privilege user accounts and sensitive configuration files
Design and implementation experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including multi-Forest and domains, DNS, Group Policy Object (GPO) configuration.
Knowledge of database technologies including Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL.
Knowledge of web server technologies including Apache Tomcat and Microsoft IIS.
Knowledge of Identity and Access Management, Cloud, and PKI/Certificate Services a plus
Message driven architecture experience/exposure
Expert in various patterns of enterprise architecture and best practices, to include data masking, encryption, logging, etc.
Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
AWS Cloud Services experience; solution delivery expertise, migration of applications to the cloud, automation through various tools both AWS native and third-party.
Experience working in a hybrid IT configuration with customer workloads in multiple locations or cloud service providers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
AWS certifications desired: AWS Solution Architect
• Highly technical AWS Architect possessing 10+ years of IT platform implementation experience
• Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures relating to cloud networking and hybrid cloud networking solutions.
• Experienced in designing and developing integrated solution using the AWS services.
• Experience with setting up and managing EC2, S3, RDS, EMR
• Deep hands-on experience in implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing enterprise environments
• Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and application products
• Understanding the relevant infrastructure, application and operations implications of the designed/developed solution.
• Automated software deployment and configuration management.
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Help educate enterprise customers on AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Coach customers to be self-sufficient in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
• Experience in private cloud setup
• Experience in CI/CD frameworks like UrbanCode, Jenkins, Maven, AWS Code Commit, AWS CodeDeploy, Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience in the hands-on delivery of projects
• Ability to manage large, cross-divisional Program activities in a complex environment and drive results
• Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
• Experience working in a matrixed team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Client/Customer Service Delivery Experience
• Experience in applying best practices related to Stakeholder Management
• Experience researching and evaluating available technologies and standards to meet requirements
• Thrives in a highly regulated, fast paced, and changing environment
• Experience with Cloud Formation and Terraform Automation. Experience in automating a real-world production environment.
• Prior experience working with Perl, Bash, Python, XML, REST API, and JSON desired
Nice to have
• Experience with Azure
• Certification(s) in networking technologies (e.g. CCNA, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE)
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN)
• Practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.