CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Belton, Texas
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0519-1645
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The Business Analyst will be part of the Applications Management Team that will provide functional software support across Advantage Clients.
The G&H Client and Project Support origination supports state and local clients running the Advantage ERP with maintenance activity inclusive of baseline and custom code as well as Advantage ERP project delivery teams for new and upgrading Advantage clients. Support services include standard, enhanced and premium application support inclusive of custom client support functions of the ERP. The Client and Project Support (CAPS) organization has members in the US and India providing 24/7 coverage to clients under service level agreement (SLA) metrics. The team is distributed across several sites to assist with the 24/7 coverage requirements.
• Business Analysis: Developing knowledge of a client’s industry, customers, organization and business objectives in order to help the client in a problem-solving role. Assessing user requirements, procedures and problems to create or improve a system.
• User Support Analysis: Providing quality client support by answering client questions, researching possible solutions to problems, and fostering open communication between the client and the CGI project team. Tracking software and documentation defects, performing application maintenance, and providing onsite consulting and training as required.
• System Testing: Working with system developers and designers to identify, diagnose, and document problems and errors in specific components of a system. Assessing how well a product adheres to its design, standards, as well as its usability and ability to meet business needs.
• Decision Analysis: Applying quantitative methods to study and make recommendations regarding various business issues, including credit risk management, customer profitability, resource allocation and optimization, and customer segmentation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• COMMUNICATION AND COORDINATION AMONG INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ORGANIZATIONS TO FACILITATE ADVANTAGE FINANCIAL APPLICATION TROUBLESHOOTING, WORKAROUND DEFINITION AND DEFECT RESOLUTION.
• CONDUCT ANALYSIS AND RECREATION OF CLIENT REPORTED SOFTWARE ISSUES.
• WORK WITHIN A SMALL AGILE-LIKE GROUP, INTERACTING DAILY WITH OTHER
• MEMBERS/MANAGERS ON THE TEAM ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPORTING OUR CLIENTS AND DELIVERING APPLICATION, OPERATIONS AND PROJECT SUPPORT.
• PERFORM AT “MEETS” OR “EXCEEDS” LEVELS FOR ALL ASSIGNMENTS DUE TO AN SLA-BOUND DELIVERY MODEL.
• DEMONSTRATE A HIGH DEGREE OF PROFESSIONALISM WITH CLIENT STAKEHOLDERS, INTERNAL CGI STAKEHOLDERS, AND LOCAL/GLOBAL DELIVERY TEAMS TO ESTABLISH SOLID WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH THESE GROUPS.
• EXHIBIT CONFIDENCE/MATURITY IN INTERACTIONS WITH CLIENTS AND SENIOR MEMBERS OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS.
• DRIVE TO MASTER NEW FUNCTIONALITY AND OWNERSHIP OF KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION TO EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY SUPPORT CLIENTS INCLUSIVE OF INDEPENDENT WORK ON ASSIGNMENTS FROM INITIAL CONCEPT THROUGH DELIVERY WITH SUPPORT FROM A SENIOR MENTOR
• DEMONSTRATE ABILITY TO ORGANIZE AND PRIORITY WORKLOAD IN ORDER TO FACILITATE COMPLIANCE WITH REPORTING TIME-TO-TASK THROUGH AN ISSUE MANAGEMENT TOOL AND DOCUMENTED SUPPORT PROCESS AND PROCEDURES.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Experience working with financial system applications (Advantage, SAP, etc…) or an accounting or finance degree allowing for understanding of fund accounting concepts.
• Rapport building, negotiation, consensus-building and clear expectation setting and communications for clients, as well as for and among teams and members.
• Some technical analytical skills, including ability to understand Advantage backend and relational databases (SQL)
• Must be able to effectively juggle multiple initiatives and clients.
• Good tracking and prioritization skills.
• Strong team building and facilitation skills, including leading meetings, presentation skills, problem resolution/mediation
• Exceptional communication, leadership, analytical, and critical thinking skills
• High degree of responsiveness and ability to work collaboratively with other team members in supporting multiple clients.
• Demonstrated abilities in software analysis and troubleshooting to ensure rapid turnaround for urgent client issues
• Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual team spanning time zones across the country and in India.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS DESIRED:
• Financial impact awareness around different delivery models (reducing costs, improving margin, increasing value to clients, creating re-usable models).
• Team-oriented focus, knowledge-sharing, professional in all situations (including high stress).
• Ability or experience working with geographically dispersed teams in a non-conventional environment with virtual team spanning time zones across the country and in India.
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.