Call Center Specialist
Main location: United States, Texas, Belton
Position ID: J0823-1300
Employment Type: Full Time
You MUST be in the office 5 days a week.
CGI Federal’s Housing Sector team that collaborates with public housing authorities (PHAs) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assist in the provision of affordable housing has openings for Call Center Specialists located in Belton, TX.
This is an opportunity to join an energetic team with a collaborative management group and work with affordable housing providers. New team members receive in-depth training to prepare them for their role. Additional training and professional development opportunities are also available, for both the affordable housing industry, and general business skills.
The Call Center Specialists will provide administrative and receptionist support for the Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority’s (CMHA) Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program office. The specialists will use CGI’s propriety IT systems as well as the Microsoft Office Suite to accomplish day-to-day tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include maintaining a high quality of customer service with internal members and external clients. Other duties maybe assigned.
• Provide administrative support for members who are located in the Columbus, Ohio office.
• Monitor, record, and disseminate mail and email correspondence for the team members, as needed.
• Call Center Duties - answering inbound questions and concerns.
• Assist with mass mailings and phone calls.
• Identify and escalate unresolved inquiries to management.
• Respond to program tickets in response to program concerns.
• Collect, scan and upload required paperwork from households.
• Ensure case files are complete and accurate and sign off on appropriate documents.
• Enter client data into CGI and CMHA’s system of record.
• Assemble family briefing packets.
• Respond to applicants or other interested parties regarding program information, waiting list information, and other similar inquiries.
• Help applicants and tenants fill out various forms relating to HCVP and other services.
• Provide program information and resources to clients.
• Schedule and organize client appointments.
• Ability to handle office equipment in a fast-paced environment using scanners, copiers and fax machines.
• Maintain positive relations with owners, applicants, participants and their representatives, and stakeholders.
• May be assigned to other projects as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Associate Degree preferred
• Preferred Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience Customer Service support OR Call Center support experience.
• Ability to perform and handle math computations.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Desire to work in a team environment.
• Proven ability to accurately complete tasks within the established timelines and quality standards.
• Ability to multi-task be self-motivated and proactive.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $27,300 - $45,000.
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.