CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Network Engineer in Belton, Texas
Find similar career opportunities
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0519-0476
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Come join us at CGI to start up a new project supporting one of our clients in an exciting industry. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the stand-up of the new operational model and team. Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting directly to Service Delivery Manager – Network Operation. The Network Engineer designs network solutions and implements firewalls, access lists, and other tools as appropriate in order to provide LAN segmentation, Network Access Control (NAC), and perimeter security. Your goal is to segment the enterprise network according to business access requirements while protecting it against unauthorized access and internal and external malicious threats. Also responsible for:
• The analysis of network segmentation and host locations and validating VLAN assignments or recommending changes. Work with project manager and internal organizations to implement recommendations.
• Evaluate network infrastructure and configurations to determine required network changes for ideal implementation of network segmentation and NAC solutions.
• Implement network changes required to install new devices or otherwise enforce network segmentation and NAC.
• Configure and install firewalls, routers, switches, and NAC appliances while considering optimal hardening, monitoring, and maintenance of those devices.
• Close coordination with project manager, application owners, Cybersecurity, Network Operations, and other internal organizations to develop, review, implement, and test firewall/ACL rules and NAC policies.
• Validate ACLs/firewall rule set and NAC policy effectiveness, and optimize configurations to improve security posture and/or performance.
• Analyze network device logs and network packet captures to troubleshoot functional or access problems.
• Develop documentation, including design diagrams, operating procedures, standard configurations, root cause analysis, reports, inventories, and audit response.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
xtensive hands-on experience with firewall administration activities including modification of firewall rules, NAT, and VPN.
• Strong working knowledge of Cisco operating systems and technologies and experience with industry design best practices. Certification (CCNA, CCNP) is a plus.
• Expert knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite with understanding of networking protocols and standards such as 802.1x, IPSec, BGP, EIGRP, STP, etc.
• Positive and professional demeanor exhibited with team members and clients.
• Detail oriented with excellent organization and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to coordinate work activities with remote teams.
• Willingness and desire to openly exchange ideas and facilitate knowledge sharing.
• Understanding of and ability to work within corporate processes while meeting the needs of clients.
• Operational experience with Fortinet FortiGate firewalls and/or Cisco ASA is preferred.
• Experience with ForeScout NAC solutions is highly desired.-
• Microsoft certification in server administration
• Technical certifications such as MSCE, CCNA, CompTIA Network
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.