CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Security Network Engineer in Belton, Texas
Senior Security Network Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Security Network Engineer
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0519-2902
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Come join us at CGI to start supporting one of our clients in an exciting industry. You’ll have the opportunity to participate from the very beginning. As a Security Network Engineer, you will integrate, configure, administer, and sustain multiple network security tools, and participate in troubleshooting network issues. As a leading-edge Global IT company, we are seeking talented professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support our Clients worldwide. Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead a team of Security Network Engineers
• Conduct Network Security Assessments
• Planning, engineering, and monitoring security tools for the protection of our client’s network;
• Lead team in cyber security networking solutions or improvements;
• Lead in the technical design process of IT projects to incorporate security requirements;
• Work with a team and individually to sustain network security tools;
• Work in close collaboration with specialized technical teams;
• Perform daily duties remotely;
• Maintain and monitor the team’s ticket records and provide evidence of actions taken;
• Ensure the team follows processes according to agreed-upon procedures;
• Adherence to schedule / compliance for attendance;
• Compliance for CGI IS/IT Policy and well as CGI Code of Ethics;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Knowledge of various security applications, Internet technologies, and products
• Advanced Networking knowledge on multiple vendor platforms
• Experience installing, configuring, and sustaining: Network based security tools, such as firewalls, proxies and NAC
• Experience analyzing traffic to create policies to improve security of the environment
• Experience with Change Management
• Excellent customer service & communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work both independently and with a team
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with customers, team members, and management
• Ability to complete projects within a specified time frame with little supervision
• Ability to research and test new products to support customer need
A network engineer degree or BS/BE degree in computer science, cybersecurity or related IT fields.
Experience as a Team Lead
Experience as a Network Engineer
Experience maintaining network security appliances such as: Palo Alto, Fortigate, and Cisco ASA firewall
Strong networking background, i.e. Routing/Switching, TCP/IP/OSI models, specifically layers 3/4
Experience with NAC security implementation and maintenance
Certificates: CompTIA Security+, CCNA
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.