CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior VMware Administrator in Belton, Texas
Senior VMware Administrator
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior VMware Administrator
Category: Database Administration
City: Belton, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0421-3178
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for a Senior VMware Administrator to join our team!
You will solve interesting business and technical problems as a full-time consultant. You’ll be part of a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself and make an impact and support both internal and client stakeholders.
You should have knowledge & hands-on data engineering experience and banking experience in the following areas if possible: demand deposit/savings/money market accounts, transfers, sweeps, and account opening platforms.
You will work as part of a team who support and maintain high profile platforms for State agencies. The position includes daily interaction and coordination with CGI teams, partners and the client agency’s infrastructure team.
This career opportunity is located in Belton, TX. Also, can be performed in Lafayette, LA! If located outside either proximity, the opportunity can be performed Remotely!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for building, installing, patching and maintaining the computer infrastructure, which encompasses hardware, server and virtual machines for both Microsoft and UN*X operating systems.
Understanding of VMware’s ESXi hypervisor and vCenter tools are critical
Managing users, security setting, connectivity to Storage and Networks and implementing Disaster Recover strategies are vital to this role
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years working with virtualization technologies. Functions such as installation, configuration, administration, analysis and maintenance using VMware ESXi 6.x and later in a large scale enterprise environment or large datacenter environment.
• Must be able to troubleshooting difficult problems; must have system administration skills with methodical debugging techniques and the ability to troubleshoot issues with good engineering rigor.
• Position requires the ability to be flexible, and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to analyze business requirements/technical incidents/problems, design and implement sound solutions.
• Ability to interface well with Windows, Storage and Network administrators, as well as developers.
• Ability to leverage Storage solutions such as SAN and iSCSI.
• Understanding of backup and recovery tools, setup and maintenance.
• Experience with installation and support of physical server hardware.
• Expert understanding of DR setup and maintenance using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) or other DR applications.
• Documentation of installation and maintenance procedures for hardware, software and other technologies in the area of responsibility.
• Must have firm understanding of network concepts including, vlans, ports, protocols, security contexts, etc.
• Understanding of Software and Hardware Firewalls, IDS and IPS.
• Understanding of cryptographic protocols, such as SSL and TLS.
• Candidate must have excellent written and verbal skills.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Microsoft Windows Server OS experience.
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux experience.
• AWS or any other cloud experience.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $59K-$95K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.