CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Developer (familiar with microservices, CI/CD) in Belton, Texas
Software Developer (familiar with microservices, CI/CD)
Find similar career opportunities
Software Developer (familiar with microservices, CI/CD)
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Position ID: J1218-0682
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Software Developer who will be part of a team developing a platform that will radically transform and modernize our industry clients! If you are PASSIONATE about creating something AMAZING – this career opportunity may be for you!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Are you a developer with a history of self-teaching new skills and technologies? Have you developed and run application(s) on both on-premises infrastructure and public cloud service providers? Can you create CI / CD pipelines to build, maintain, and deliver those applications? Do you understand design patterns, and evangelize micro-services? Are you an advocate for open source software or contribute to open source software yourself?
Are you the kind of person who tries to understand technology from the silicon to the browser, or from the business idea to delivered value? If so, then we may have a job for you.
Seeking a Software Developer with diverse interests, and a desire to learn and grow. Primary responsibilities for individuals in this role will be to make individual contributions within a cross-functional team, taking direction from senior developers, software development engineers in test, and the team lead. These contributions will primarily take the forms of software development, system / software configuration tasks, creation of documentation, and automation of tests.
Individuals in this role are expected to hone and augment skills and experience in preparation for advancement to senior developers, contribute to the self-governance of the team and generally take part in running the day-to-day activities of the team, as well as mentor junior developers. All team members are expected to contribute in every other capacity on the team as needed, including other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
We're seeking a Software Developer with about three to five years of experience.
• Basic understanding of Object Oriented Design, ability to generally apply design patterns, and understanding of common development paradigms and their usage
• Multiple programming languages, at least one of which should be C# (with .NET core) or Java
• Understanding of appropriate unit testing framework(s) for known language(s) (appropriate XUnit)
• Some understanding of cloud native development patterns and paradigms (microservices, statelessness, service registry / discovery, 12 Factor, circuit breakers, feature toggles, auto-scaling, etc.)
• General familiarity with SQL and SQL DBEs
• Some understanding of OAuth and SAML, preferably with an understanding of AD / LDAP / Kerberos as well
• Working knowledge of JSON, REST, and AJAX
• Knowledge of XML, HTML, and related technologies (XSLT, CSS, SOAP, etc.)
• At least some experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure, preferably more than one
• At least one scripting language, preferably Powershell or Bash
• At least basic knowledge of Linux administration, preferably Red Hat or CentOS
• A good understanding of version control and related concepts and techniques, particularly Git
• At least some familiarity with CI / CD servers (preferably Jenkins) and Artifact Management (preferably Nexus or Artifactory)
• Basic familiarity with build and release engineering, with a working knowledge of at least one build tool (preferably Ant, Maven, or MSBuild)
• At least basic familiarity with Docker, with the ability to differentiate good candidates (applications or application components) for containerization from poor candidates for containerization
• Some experience with at least one Configuration Management tool, preferably Ansible or Puppet
• Familiarity with productivity tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Slack
• Sufficient familiarity with Agile development methodologies (preferably Kanban) and modern development practices (ie, DevOps) to be able to assist in leading a development team, and help new developers learn these skills
• Basic TCP/IP Networking (DHCP, Subnetting / CIDR, Basic Routing, DNS, Basics of firewalls, etc.)
• General understanding of proxies and load balancers
• Strong general computing skills
• A desire to progress as an individual while helping others to progress as well
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly motivated self-learner
• Team player that can work individually and is self-directed
• An attitude of servant-leadership
• A drive to automate
The ideal candidate would also have experience with many of the following:
• Advanced knowledge of Linux Administration
• Experience with at least one infrastructure configuration / management DSL (ie, Terraform) and Infrastructure as Code paradigms in general
• Understanding of cloud based storage paradigms, preferably with some understanding of on-premises storage (NAS, SAN, and related concepts, protocols, etc.)
• Familiarity with Blue-Green deployments
• Knowledge of Windows Server Administration
• Experience with Static Code Analysis tools, preferably SonarQube
• Experience with monitoring, both system and application
• Familiarity with open source tools and libraries, and different open source licenses
• Experience with log aggregation, data extraction and reporting using Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana or similar tools
Our dream candidate would also have experience with some of the following:
• Knowledge of or experience with Immutable Infrastructure paradigms
• Extensive troubleshooting experience
• Experience with on-premises infrastructure, particularly VMware
• Intermediate or Advanced TCP/IP Networking (DHCP, Subnetting / CIDR, Basic Routing, DNS, Basics of firewalls, etc.)
• AWS and / or Azure Certification(s)
• Strong documentation skills
• Knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, preferably Powershell DSC, Ansible, and / or Terraform
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law.
Object Oriented Programming
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.