CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Front-End ASP.NET Developer in Belton, Texas
Sr. Front-End ASP.NET Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Front-End ASP.NET Developer
City: Belton, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0420-0692
Employment Type: Full Time
Sr. Front-End ASP.NET Developer
CGI is looking for a Sr. front-end ASP.NET Developer to join our team in Belton, TX
Ideal Candidate will be an experienced front-end developer to help support and/or migrate a large, mission-critical application from AngularJS 1.4 to Angular7 with experience in developing single page reactive web applications with Angular2+. Also have developed automated unit tests for all front-end components. This opportunity is likely to have production support responsibilities and an ideal candidate should be flexible enough to support non business hours if required. This opportunity is local to Belton ,TX with a preference for candidates who are with in commutable distance to this location.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your future duties and responsibilities
The role is responsible for developing and troubleshooting high performance and high availability web applications using ASP.NET, AngularJS, C# and XHTML/CSS technologies to meet the client’ strategic objectives. The candidate is also responsible for adhering to client’s .NET development framework & best practices. In addition, supporting and contributing to Client’s SDLC and Agile development process is an essential component of the role.
• You will adhere to professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• You will analyze business requirements and produce detailed technical designs for innovative software solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All work is performed with deadlines based on client priorities.
Solution Analysis and Design
• Performs analysis and design for medium-sized to large/complex development/maintenance projects
• Develops and documents application designs and analyzes impact to existing systems and alternatives
• Participates in the determination of the impact and potential costs of proposed changes
• Participates in peer design reviews
• Possesses and applies knowledge of technology principles, best practices and procedures to the completion of complex software development assignments
• Develops complex code and configuration data using secure coding practices
• Ensures that all code, configuration data, and system documentation is accurate, complete, understandable, and adheres to Client’s standards
• Participates in code reviews
• Develops and executes unit test scenarios and scripts to ensure comprehensive testing of business software using non-sensitive data
• Gathers or creates test data necessary to execute test scripts in compliance with Client’s standards.
• Executes tests and documents results.
• Works with QA on test results, defect remediation and script re-use.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Ascertain and meet customer expectations
• Work effectively and independently in a fast paced team environment where priorities can rapidly change
• Prioritize own work activities with minimal guidance and coaching
• Solve complex problems through discovery and analysis with minimal guidance
• Complete complex projects independently with minimal oversight and direction
• Manage competing priorities to meet goals
• Learn new technologies and mentor others in learning new technologies
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Provide, maintain and follow technical documentation
Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the following tools/technologies:
• AngularJS 2.0 • Java Script
• MS SQL
• Software development methodologies and best practices
• Secure coding practices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Education and/or Experience
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in computer science or closely related field and 6 or more years of experience.
Preferred experience includes 6 years of System Development Life-Cycle experience working with large, complex systems and two years’ experience working on Agile Scrum teams.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.