Main location: United States, Maryland, Bethesda
Position ID: J0223-1398
Employment Type: Full Time
This is a tremendous opportunity to influence high-level decision makers in the government through a transformational advisory role. As a Program Manager, you will lead a team responsible for providing advisory services to a high-profile federal CFO with responsibility for multiple component agencies. Advisory services are geared toward measurable improvements to federal financial operations, process improvements, auditability, and strategic transformation across multiple agencies. Your team advises the government with a variety of related initiatives and tasks to include process improvement, internal control and system assessments, audit support, data analytics, and business intelligence to improve and transform processes related to federal budgeting, acquisitions, and financials. Expertise should include business process reengineering/improvement, capabilities of products in the market, development of requirements, oversite of implementation, government policy, and industry best practices.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Capable of simultaneously managing both tactical improvements and strategic transformation.
• Support customer with ongoing operations that must not be disrupted.
• Identify opportunities for incremental improvements to processes through reengineering and/or automation.
• Oversee team is responsible for establishing and implementing a transformational strategic vision for the organization that redefines the way our customer conducts business.
• Knowledge of advanced capabilities within the information technology industry.
• Excellence in written and oral communication to support agency executives who report to the highest levels of government.
• Lead a team that provides insights, requirements, and advisory services to support ongoing financial management operations.
• Lead efforts to identify opportunities to improve ongoing finance and accounting operations through business process improvements or automation and to translate those opportunities into a comprehensive set of requirements.
• Lead a consolidated effort to define a transformation strategic vision for the agency, translate the vision into requirements and project schedules, support acquisition, oversee the implementation, and verify the solution(s).
• Lead effort to catalog, prioritize, and document business processes.
• Lead effort to record “As Is” and “To Be” business processes with road maps to link the two.
• Assist with the development of business intelligence and data analytics requirements to objectively measure and trend customer business performance.
• Support the customer in campaigns to gather and aggregate data from child agencies.
• Support the customer in communication initiatives to multiple and diverse high-ranking stakeholders.
• Gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the customer’s mission to drive requirements as well as recommend solutions to assist with relevant tasks across component agencies.
• Support the customer in organizational change management initiatives across the agency and its component agencies.
• Provide weekly status reports to the stakeholders.
• Provide a monthly progress report to be submitted to the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR)
• Issue monthly invoices, track costs, and assume responsibility for all aspects of project financials.
• Support the response to task orders for additional work to support emerging customer initiatives.
• Provide excellence in knowledge management to empower the customer to make well informed decisions.
• Advise the government in the establishment or improvement of PMO structures and/or procedures.
• Advise the government in the establishment or improvement of governance structures and/or procedures.
• Coordinate and interact with the PMs from the other Contracts.
• Coordinate and interact with designated stakeholders from other federal agencies.
• Coordinate all teamwork scheduling, including tracking resources and financials.
• Perform management duties including setting expectations and delivering performance reviews.
• Communicate program health to CGI leadership on a recurring basis.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Per Federal stipulation, TS/SCI Clearance required with Polygraph
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering, Information Technology Management, or similar.
• PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in financial management disciplines generating standards, researching practices, producing analyses, and issuing policies. Minimum three (3) years of experience developing strategic plans and briefings to support executive-level leadership.
• Knowledge in Finance, Accounting, Audit, Data Analytics/Business Intelligence, FM Systems, Tools, and Applications Systems Integration Advanced knowledge of the software development life cycle.
• Knowledge of federal financial management and reporting requirements including OMB Circular A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Control, OMB Circular A-136, Financial Reporting Requirements, and OMB Circular A-11, Preparation, Submission and Execution of the Budget.
• Ability to define, record, and evaluate business performance metrics.
• Demonstrated knowledge of advancements in financial management and accounting information systems.
• Experience working within the Intelligence Community or classified DOD programs.
• Experience instilling a team with strong posture in financial management and operational security.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $128,590 to $225,060.00.
Finance & Accounting
Financial Risk Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.