CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS Developer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Find similar career opportunities
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J1118-2233
Employment Type: Contract
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a ETL Engineer ?
CGI is seeking a AWS Developer with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration, Specification by Example, Behavior / Test Driven Development – BDD, TDD) and respective tools, to become a part of a dynamic team located in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette LA or New York NY ! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This AWS Application Developer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
· Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
· Continuously improve software engineering practices
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
• Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
• Serve as senior technical resource in development team’s efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient.
• Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are implemented.
• Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's Amazon Web Services (AWS) foundational footprint.
• Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
• Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS
• Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS
• Migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS using various tools including but not limited to AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool.
• Provide expertise around Business Intelligence (BI) Cloud reporting tools.
• Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
• Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
• Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
• May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
• Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Minimum of 3 years of AWS experience
• Demonstrated success in actively contributing to large consulting projects.
• Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in AWS architecture
• Experience on AWS and its web service offering Cloud formation, S3, EMR, RedShift, Route53, Lambda, ELB, SNS/SQS
• Experience in designing scalable data pipelines, complex event processing, analytics components using big data technology : Python/GO
• Experience in SQL and NO SQL Databases
• CI/CD pipeline AWS Code Pipeline (Jenkins, Docker, Ansible)
• Experience delivering APIs with NodeJS or ReactJS or Vue JS
• Experience with Linux systems (bash), Git, and TDD or basic unit-testing
• AWS Associate Level Certification required (Professional desired)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.