CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud DevOps Engineer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud DevOps Engineer
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0227
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Join this exciting project as a DevOps Engineer!
With your expertise you will work with a high-performing team to develop complex solutions. You will support and interact with multiple stakeholders in an Agile way of working. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software
• Build and deploy CICD pipeline with multiple technologies like AWS/Azure
• Must be well versed in creating CI/CD pipelines, build docker containers
• Participate in technical design and choose the right tools such as AWS, Tomcat, WebLogic, and Spring Boot application
• Implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities in DevOps space
• Experience in (Maven, ANT, Shell ), CI (Jenkins, Hudson, UCD, UCR ) and automation (VM Ware, Ansible, ServerSpec, Chef, etc.)
• Experience in writing Docker files & creating images
• Ensures that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
• Communicating with stakeholders
• Working in Agile methodologies and building CICD pipelines
• Positive attitude with high degree of professionalism and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction
• Desire to learn new technologies
• Self-motivated and can work with very little supervision in a team environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7+ years of experience in software development
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in Cloud DevOps and Docker is a must.
• Hands-on experience with Terraform (must with several years of experiences) with IaC, Python development skills, proficient in AWS cloud, Jenkins with PaC, Kubernetes/EKS.
• 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Pipeline as Code (PaC), automated single click deployment, configuration management with large/mid-size application with production support
• 3+ years of experience with Cloud based DevOps practices, specially highly hands on experience with Terraform, OpenShift.
• 2+ years of experience with Containerization and Orchestration with Kubernetes, Lambda, ECS/Fargate, App Mesh/Istio, Graph QL, Graph db, Neo4j, Kinesis
• Should be able to demonstrate experience with Automation using the DevOps pipeline tools
• Experience with developer tools such as Git, SVN and Maven
• Knowledge in UNIX/Linux
• Strong written and communication skills
• Employ the values and principles of Agile development in a team environment.
• Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build and deploy software.
• Ability to plan and engage with application team adopting DevSecOps, Cloud and automation transformation and Optimize continuous deployment and continuous delivery practices
• Building cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
• Create and Implement automating different type of testing, CICD pipelines, Software deployments
• Scripting languages, configuration management, Pipeline code, pipeline patterns, and CI tools
• Design and build solutions to technical challenges, leading the craftsmanship, resilience, and scalability of the solution while continuously improving DevOps engineering practices.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, internal team solving complex system problems together
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Desired Qualifications / Non-Essential Skills Required
Skill Set/Years of Experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$100,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.