CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. DevOps Sr. Developer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
DevOps Sr. Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for a DevOps Sr. Developer to join the team in Bloomfield, CT.
DevOps COE is looking for a senior level technical Consultant with minimum 10+ years of IT experience, working on Software Development Lifecycle, Web Application development. This resource must be able to build, maintain, automate, monitor upgrade and test DevOps (CI/CD) pipeline tools and environments. The candidate must be a self-starter that takes initiative to understand and validate the behavior of tools, best practices, industry trends and features DevOps teams need and utilize. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide a great customer experience, excellent troubleshooting skills in situations that require a sense of urgency.
We are looking for an individual who:
• Hands experience with performance engineering/testing.
• Works with operations teams to drive value and progress to identify performance bottlenecks through the use of benchmarking, profiling and monitoring tools
• In-depth working knowledge of integration points with the CI/CD tool chain and process using a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, existing designs, and best practices such as jProfiler, APM tools
• Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Sonar, Fortify, binary artifacts tools (Artifactory, uDeploy, Glu, Puppet, Chef), CI (Jenkins) and monitoring tools (Nagios, TeamQuest, ARX, APM and Splunk) that are open and commercial
• Proficient in either LoadRunner or JMeter and know when to use either tool
• Subject matter expert in one or more technologies/platforms or highly specialized area(s), and working knowledge of other related domains
• Provides technical thought leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies which assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives
• Feels at ease with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
• Has a strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools
• Excellent trouble shooting skills and testing techniques
• Solid understanding of resiliency engineering and the concept of fault management and application performance management
• Administrative knowledge of Linux/Unix environments including being able to install, tune and configure applications
• Has strong focus on business outcomes and is focused on results
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Design and develop (Ansible) automated processes to maintain, upgrade, test, monitor CI/CD DevOps pipeline for the tool chain (Jenkins, GiTLab, TFS, Nexus, Scanning tools, ALM uDeploy)
Expert in design, implementation and support of efforts to utilize containers and automate operation processes
Provide operations engineering for the DevOps tool chain
Work with DevOps Architects to design test environments and production environment for CI/CD tools
Leverage Cigna Private Cloud where possible (provision, de-provision hardware) to ensure that hardware utilization is optimized
Enable development teams to leverage the build and release tool chain
Support CI/CD strategy with stakeholders across various development, operations and quality teams
Leverage your exceptional ability and motivation to solve problems and learn fast
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
An excellent working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and Devops practices
• BS, Computer Science or related degree, MCSE, or equivalent experience
• Strong technical, hands-on familiarity with latest Devops technology stack
• Self-motivated and highly professional
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Able to meet deadlines working independently and directing others
• Effective interaction with peers, team members and business partners
• Demonstrates application delivery experience as part of a project team
• Prior experience leading team of developers
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.