CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Full-Stack Engineer (AWS/Microservices) in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Full-Stack Engineer (AWS/Microservices)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Full-Stack Engineer (AWS/Microservices)
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J0421-0728
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a FullStack Engineer ?
CGI is seeking a AWS/Microservices hands-on engineer along with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration, Specification by Example, Behavior / Test Driven Development – BDD, TDD) and respective tools, to become a part of a dynamic team located in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette LA! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
This Engineer will be a key contributor to our Digital practice and will have the below responsibilities:
· Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
· Continuously improve software engineering practices
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Bloomfield, CT; Lafayette, LA
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Full-stack developer with strong front-end or API development experience along with AWS stack. You must be comfortable enhancing and extending APIs as needed.
• Actively contribute to software development strategy and product roadmap specific to application development
• Drive solution design thought leadership, for a customer –centric perspective
• Ability to understand and translate business requirements into meaningful end to end solutions
• Lead team in collaborative development of prototypes for demonstration of concepts
• Understand functional specifications and use case designs.
• Application Development Responsibilities to support and develop back end apis .
• Determines user requirement feasibility, supports solution design, project planning, establishes priorities and monitors progress
• Implements technical changes to improve the team's effectiveness
• Plan out system enhancement implementation roadmap
• Resolve conflicting priority among projects and ad-hoc requests
• Coordinates with team resources to integrate project with other applications and releases and ensure appropriate skillset alignment and staffing
• Participate in and growing strategic partner relationships to support growing demands on the delivery organization
• Guide development resources through migration to Agile development methodologies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Cloud - AWS Stack - Lambda, Elastic Search, Dynamo, SNS, SQS, MySQL, EKS, EC2....
API (Spring, TypeScripts, NodeJS) OR UX – Angular ( any combination works as long as you have worked on AWS)
Monitoring Tools – Splunk, Dynatrace, APM, Cloudwatch
Driver and not a follower
Willingness to learn & take up challenges
Problem Solving skills – Provide solutions and ability to justify
Hands-On with Programming languages namely Spring, TypeScript, NodeJS, Angular…
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Java/J2EE 12Spring Boot 8
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.