CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Full Stack Engineer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Full Stack Engineer
Find similar career opportunities
Full Stack Engineer
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J1218-1321
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in for an opportunity at a leading Health Services company. The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes in being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
Location: Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette, LA
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In addition to Delivery, the full-stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. Should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
• Design and architect the solution independently
• Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
• Minimize "meetings" to get requirements and have direct business interactions
• Write referenceable & modular code
• Passion to learn
• Take ownership and accountability
• Understands when to automate and when not to
• Desire to simplify
• Be entrepreneurial / business minded
• Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
• Take risks and champion new ideas
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
• 2+ years of being part of Agile teams using scrum or kanban
• 4+ year experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
• 3+ years of developing working in an object-oriented language: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO complied language
• 3+ year of working experience with Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, Spark, Pig, Hive & Impala
• 2+ years of scripting (python, ruby, perl, etc.)
• 2+ years of Big Data & SQL. Working with marquee clients is a plus.
• Proficiency working with large data stores & Data Sets
• Having AWS experience is a definite plus
• Machine learning / data science knowledge will be useful in the role
• Proficient in GIT and Jenkins
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Strong communication skills
• Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
• Work in an agile CI/CD environment
• Familiarity with Rally is a plus
• Design knowledge with Hadoop, Teradata, Looker, and Tableau along with Cognos/Atscale tools is a plus
• Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline. At least eight, typically eight or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of five years of experience in application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.