CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Micro Services Full Stack Engineer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Micro Services Full Stack Engineer
Find similar career opportunities
Micro Services Full Stack Engineer
City: Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J0419-0161
Employment Type: Full Time
As an API and Microservices developer, you are part of a high-performance team focused on driving innovation, modernizing application infrastructure and improving delivery effectiveness.
Location: Bloomfield, CT
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Defining, refactoring and building integration-centric solutions in the context of transition from traditional, legacy platforms to service-oriented architectures
• Implementing multi-channel API architecture to provide best in-class interfaces for consuming Web and Mobile Applications.
• Determining the right configuration of the integration platform and components to suit the application strategy and establishing the environment and instance strategy for integration platform environments.
• You will work closely within an agile, scrum-based team to understand the business domain and consumer requirements that drive analysis, architecture /design and development of APIs. These solutions cross a broad spectrum of technologies and must align with business and IT strategies, comply with the organization’s architectural standards and most importantly, delight the customer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7 - 10+ years of total professional IT work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in Micro services technologies using Java-8 & Spring Boot.
• Good experience with Node.js, Kotlin 1.2x, Java 8, Spring Boot 2.x, Reactive Spring 5.x, IntelliJ IDE, RESTful APIs and SOAP services, utilizing existing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes.
• Working knowledge of TypeScript - must have
• Experience building APIs against Search Engine like Solr and ElasticSearch will be a plus
• Experience with Lambda will be plus
• Knowledge of API life cycle, microservices architectures and API definition/discovery
• Database experience with MongoDB, HBase, DB2 & Oracle.
• Knowledge on CI (Jenkins) and CD (UDeploy) tools.
• Hands on experience in developing/deploying containerized applications on Cloud platforms. OpenShift product experience is preferred.
• Well versed with exception handling and monitoring terminologies, both from business and data perspective. Experience working with Splunk is a plus.
• Prior Experience with LAMP/MEAN stack.
• Proficient in self-testing of applications, unit testing and use of mock frameworks, test-driven development (TDD).
• Ability to adapt to changing environments.
• Ability to collaborate well and promote ideas.
• Experience working in either a matrixed organization or independently.
• Works well under pressure, handling projects that have real-time high dependency and challenging business deadlines.
• Has excellent written and oral communications skills required to determine, document and present research findings, technical papers and training material
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.