CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Senior Quality Engineer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join the team in either Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette, LA.
People want to be treated like individuals. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
Before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you. We are looking for Quality Engineer who is responsible for supporting the development and execution of comprehensive automation test suites at all levels of solution delivery.
We are looking for an individual that has technical mindset and has the ability to learn new technology and how it will impact the industry. Someone who can implement and maintain automation frameworks, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing. You will work closely with Software Developers, DevOps engineers and other quality engineers in scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining and executing automated test bed against our hardware and software platforms, estimating test efforts, analyzing and communicating test results, defect tracking and participating in day to day testing activities in order to mentor other team members. You will also add to our company’s performance and scalability testing efforts. This can also include the writing of specialized testing tools for use in testing our software platform
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Drive automation pyramid and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
• Understands when to automate and when not to.
• Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
• Can identify code smells and work with scrum team to address quality issues in product code.
• Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
• Passion for continuing education and improving code quality
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Hands on experience on test script development and automation on multiple platforms.
• Experience in at least one of the Test case management and Defect Tracking using tools like JIRA, Rally, Quality Center, MS Excel.
• Good understanding and usage of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Experience scaling and expanding existing automation frameworks built for Web Applications, Middleware and Backend, Desktop and Mainframe applications.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to perform root cause analysis of complex issues
• Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and tools.
• Demonstrated experience in tools such as FitNesse, Selenium WebDriver, HP UFT, Gitlab, DevTest, ReadyAPI, Jenkins, Gatling, TestComplete or similar open source tools
• Demonstrated experience in implementing or expanding frameworks such as Selenium Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, Rest Assured, JBehave or similar
• Demonstrated experience in database technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB or similar.
• Building testing environments on demand through cloud technologies desired
• 5+ years of experience in at least one programming language like Java EE, .NET, Ruby
• Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
• Good understanding of testing and development techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of OS and Database engine internals are a plus.
• Knowledge of Mainframe applications is a plus
• Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus
• Expertise with DevOps and Test Automation
• Innate ability to leverage data to drive decisions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.