CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. OIPA Engineer (7+ Years) in Boston, Massachusetts
OIPA Engineer (7+ Years)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
OIPA Engineer (7+ Years)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Boston, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J1121-3989
Employment Type: Full Time
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
Are you a professional looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment supporting innovative insurance products to the end users with rich digital experience? Are you ready to make the leap to working in a new way that help teams develop phenomenal customer experiences? If yes, come join our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be a key member of an integrated implementation team responsible for day to day operations and development. While adhering to established processes and procedures, you will work closely with internal partners in an Agile team framework.
Responsibilities of the role includes
• Ability to understand and analyze the functional requirements
• Support OIPA configuration, integration and develop custom routines as needed
• Close interaction with the Agile squad team members
• Peer review and testing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
• 3 or more years of experience with Oracle Insurance Policy Administration (OIPA), Oracle Insurance Rules Palette (OIRP)
• Experienced in Life & Annuity Policy Lifecycle and Capabilities such as New Business, Renewal premiums, Policy servicing, Claims etc.
• Expertise in developing policy administration systems using Oracle Policy Administration System (OIPA), including configuration language, integration, data intake, database architecture, and data extraction patterns; building OIPA extensions; and performing palette and application security implementations, and release management.
• Understanding the Oracle Insurance Rules Palette (OIRP) structure and how it interacts with the Oracle Insurance Administration System (OIPA)
• Proven experience of full Software Development Life Cycle, DevOps, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development.
• Experience in using efficient methodologies (e.g. Agile) and driving development platforms
• Passion and intellectually curiosity to learn new technologies and business areas.
• Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels.
• Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Mathematics or Finance related field or similar fields
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Merrimack, NH OR Smithfield, RI OR Westlake, TX OR Raleigh, NC
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.