Data Migration Analysis
Data Migration Analysis
Main location: United States, Massachusetts, Burlington
Position ID: J0923-0514
Employment Type: Full Time
The ERP Technical Consultant is responsible for all aspects of integrations between systems, including designing, developing, and testing integrations between a core ERP system and various external systems. This individual will have experience facilitating requirements gathering sessions, extracting, transforming, and loading relevant data between internal applications and external systems. The Technical Consultant will need to juggle numerous tasks simultaneously and be able to communicate with stakeholders and report risk and status to team lead or manager.
Future duties and responsibilities:
• • Business requirement analysis.
• The development and the maintenance of logical models and data flow diagrams.
• Map and document the required transformations from the source data to the target.
• Gain an understanding of business and source/target system needs in order to develop and document specifications.
• Act as the intermediary between the business and the technical teams.
• Work closely with Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Product Owners, Testers and ETL developers to develop a data migration strategy.
• Document high level and detailed technical specifications.
• Create data mapping document and implement defined business rules into the data migration design.
• Identify and document data quality issues, proposing solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Professional working experience in the field of Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
• Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
• Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
• Self-motivated with attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills with the ability to balance immediate and longer term tasks and requirements
• Excellent presentation skills, ability to cater messages depending on the audience.
• Strong sense of ownership and ability to drive tasks through to completion
• Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges
• Ability to balance multiple deliverables and manage time effectively
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required:
• Understanding of state and local government functions
• Ability conduct effective meetings
• Familiarity with SharePoint or similar collaboration tools
• Microsoft Office – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Or Equivalent
• Experience with CGI Advantage (not required)
• Experience with Pervasive/Actian, Pentaho, or other similar software
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $74,600-$143,700.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.