CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director Consulting Services in Burlington, Massachusetts
Director Consulting Services
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Director Consulting Services
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: Burlington, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J0521-1982
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
CGI has a fantastic opportunity for a Director of Consulting Services in our New England business unit. This role is ideal for a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual with business development and account management experience in the public sector. You should have a deep knowledge managing client relationships where consulting work is being performed, team development, and experience working with the “Commonwealth of MA” procurement processes. You will be working to drive and grow our business and experience selling to multiple Massachusetts agencies is a plus.
You should have a strong record of accomplishment of profitable growth along with account expansion and management. You will manage strong delivery SME’s and will focus on growing our relationship and portfolio within the Commonwealth of MA. Must be currently living in the New England area. A majority of your time will be spent in the Boston area and possibly Providence, RI and Augusta, ME.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manage client satisfaction.
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning.
• Be accountable for service delivery to clients in your portfolio.
• Ensure success of engagements using US based onshore delivery centers and strategic partners.
• Drive engagement revenue and profitability.
• Bring deep knowledge and delivery capability, be integrated into the market place and be responsible for bringing solutions and thought leadership to our clients.
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts within the Commonwealth of MA.
• Lead proposals and evolve solution offerings, leveraging your experience and creativity to design, propose and execute solutions for complex client problems in advanced business and technology environments.
• Have overall accountability for the winning of competitive proposals.
• Work well in collaborative environments
• Lead a team of professionals – both direct reports and those across CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Min 10+ years of minimum IT and Consulting Services experience.
• Ability to interact with C-Level decision makers.
• Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&Ls, and complex pricing models.
• Business development including strategic sales planning.
• Client engagement management and relationship building.
• Strong team-building skills.
• A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect; superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
• Be independent, self-starting, and be able to stay calm under the pressures of multiple deadlines.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels.
• Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
Nice to have:
• Deep understanding and knowledge of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Public Sector.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Business Development 5 Strong
Account Management 10 Advanced
Public Sector Understanding 5 Strong
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Business and IT Consulting
Business Development / Sales
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.