CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director/Solution Architect in Burlington, Massachusetts
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Burlington, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J0221-0868
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
As the Director, Consulting Expert within the New England Region, you will be a thought leader, spirited, engaging with clients, and internal members. You will have a passion for solving complex technology problems in the Retail industry to support the business strategy. This role will require extensive experience in architecting and deploying mobile, online and cloud-enabled business applications. The ideal candidate possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, implementing large-scale SaaS or Cloud solutions. The Expert is expected to interact with senior stakeholders to provide overall direction for the enterprise architecture for one or more Omni-channels to modernize the clients operations, ecommerce, planning, inventory and fulfillment supply chain functions.
The Director consulting expert, will work closely with various parts of the CGI organization as well developing trusted relationships with CGI clients' to develop solutions, and manage large programs/projects end-to-end. The Expert will also help provide presales support and execution of the strategic account plan to help grow revenues in existing and new accounts in the Boston metro marketplace.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will lead the initiation, planning, and execution of complex programs and projects. You will ensure all delivery issues are addressed on time, and the CGI quality standards are met while bringing the best of our products and services to our clients.
• You will be building an agile delivery team and taking an active part in transforming the overall CGI delivery and solutions to accommodate the changing market and technology landscape. As a lead on the programs, you will be managing yourself and your team's delivery, team’s growth, and technology proficiency.
• You will be providing presales support and coordinating with other CGI organizations around you to envision, prepare the solution, and negotiate solutions for our clients. You will also be CGI client's delivery and technology partner, aligning the client's vision with CGI solutions and capabilities.
• You will continue to cultivate your technology skills, lead, coordinate, and drive the decision-making process for crucial technology decisions.
• You will proactively identify any issues and guide to resolve program and team challenges in a global delivery model setup.
• You will mentor and take a proactive position in improving CGI teams' skills and capabilities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 15+ years of minimum IT and Consulting Services experience with strong retail and manufacturing background
• Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or any other related field
• Strong background and recent hands-on experience in Agile Delivery and Solution Architecture
• Excellent communication skills with strong persuasiveness to inspire customers and colleagues to bind them
• Experience designing and maintaining the target application architecture and assess the impact of the future business architecture on existing and future applications
• Experience in digital, data, cloud computing technologies
• Extensive experience in developing concepts, solutions, and/or propositions in the field of digitization and transformation to the Cloud
• Ability to understand 'Big Picture' as well as to dive into project-level details. Ability to establish and manage programs and projects 'at scale' in a global setup
• Experience in working with senior client-side stakeholders
• Experience in supporting presales from developing solutions to client presentations
• Exposures to one or more retail packages like Manhattan, Oracle RPAS, JDA
• Experience with creation of business case and Total Cost Ownership (TCO) models for solution designs is a plus.
• Experience presenting in Industry forums or client stakeholders to share point of views on Retail technology trends, implementation best practices and solutions is highly desirable
• Experience in executing programs related to platform modernization, re-platforming of large-scale solutions is a plus
• Experience and a good understanding of big data solutions and integration architecture knowledge is a plus
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.