CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Financial Analyst in Burlington, Massachusetts
Senior Financial Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Financial Analyst
City: Burlington, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J0521-0248
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Financial Analyst with 5 to 10 years’ experience. Ability to work through project financial close cycle monthly. Monthly close schedule inclusive of revenue recognition, accrual accounting, invoicing, billing, asset review, and prepaid account journal entries to tie out financials monthly. Monthly analysis of forecast and actuals with variance analysis. Ability to understand complex project and translate the requirements of these projects into monthly financial forecasts. Work with Senior management to provide analysis and strategic partnership related to monthly forecasts/actuals and budgets. Create ad hoc reports based on management requests. The Financial Analyst will be supporting Managers and Directors for the PMO and Technical Operations.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Management of complex deals, ability to work on special assignments and develop working knowledge at the PMO level.
• Work closely with internal client project management to understand their business
• Handle all the resource tracking, budget requests for merger related IT Projects
• Facilitate and deliver on the production of key internal reports for client facing engagements, giving exposure to senior management within the client organization.
• Project review, Revenue Recognition reviews, WIP reconciliation, etc.
• Responsible for reporting on forecast, budget, and variance explanation
• Manage special requests and collaborate on projects, as needed
• Enjoy being a problem solver.
• Exhibit strong analytical skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5 years Finance experience
• 3-5 years of experience managing programs/projects (business and/or IT).
• Exposure to project financials with the ability to develop and manage revenue, cost and profitability
• Advanced skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and ERP aptitudes
• Experience, proficiency, and comfort in communicating and working effectively at various levels, including senior management
• Proven track record of generating insights in a financial planning & analysis capacity
• Proven track record of issue and risk identification, communication, and resolution
• Proven track record of continuous process improvement in a finance or operations environment
• A motivated self-starter that takes initiative
• Highly organized and business process oriented
• Ability to work independently while demonstrating flexibility
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Finance & Accounting
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.