CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Informatica Developer in Burlington, Massachusetts
Senior Informatica Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Informatica Developer
City: Burlington, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J0521-2613
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Informatica Developer to join our growing team. As the Informatica Developer, you will be accountable for providing technical support for the corporate Providing Consulting and Advisory Services to clients as an Oracle Subject Matter Expert with skills in ETL Tools, to implement these tools into the client’s current environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analysis skills: Analyzing Data feeds and interfaces from a wide variety of systems
• Designing development schema for data feed development, ETL feeds
• Work with large Market Data Feeds and Heterogeneous Source Systems like Oracle, SQL Server and Flat Files.
• Review Dimensional Data modeling, Star Schema/Snow flake schema, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & logical data modeling.
• Test and debug all ETL and Oracle objects to evaluate the performance.
• Ability to work within a changing environment
• Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Good presentation skills
• Positive attitude and team focus are required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Technical Diploma in IT with Equivalent Experience
• Oracle Certification (Optional)
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Oracle 10g or higher is required
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Informatica Power Center is required
• Highly skilled in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, development of Stored procedures, Triggers, PL/SQL packages
• Expertise in writing technical designs, developing, unit testing, and break fix support of ETL and PL/SQL objects
• Familiarity with the user of version control tools (such as Subversion, Dimensions)
• Skilled in performance tuning, analyzing query plans and query tuning, partitioning
• Fast learner, able to diagnose technical challenges through reading code and supporting technical documentation
• Team player with the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) at all levels of the SDLC
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
• Experience with Oracle database support and development (PL/SQL) Oracle 10g
• Writing and triaging stored procedures
• Experience in working with TIDAL enterprise scheduler
• Very well organized and detail orientated and able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills
• Fast-paced office environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary
• Requires that the individual be well organized while being readily adaptable to changes in work assignments
Tool and Technology:
• ETL tools - Informatica Power center, Informatica Power Exchange
• Database – Oracle, MS SQL Server
• Tools – MS Visio, Toad, SVN, TIDAL
• Modelling tools - ER/Studio or similar tool
Minimum Education Required- Bachelors Degree/Technical Diploma in IT with equivalent experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.